1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Eight Cycles

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Will7

Will7 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looking at the list and looking through American history can be sad. The reason I say that is because I could see us in the 6th or 7th cycle and it's sad to me.

When I was growing up and even now, I would say I am patriotic. I love this country and what it's founding documents are. My life isn't that long but I know that I have loved this country and it hurts me to see it in the state that it is. From the rampant sin, the divisive culture, and those that honestly don't care anymore... it saddens me. Something else I have realized however... is the fact that maybe I held America too high and her freedoms too high as well. I believe it's great to be an American and I love being a patriot but too often my Christian faith took the backseat to my citizenship. I cared more about winning the political argument than winning some for Christ. I'm not saying it's wrong to care because do and it breaks my heart to see where America is right now but I, personally, need to keep my priorities straight.

I'm not judging you either. I'm not saying where your priorities are at all. Just writing what came to my mind when I looked at the article.

• Like Like x 1