1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The eternal Hell

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 17, 2015.

1. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first problem is with the title. There is no eternal hell. There is an eternal Lake of Fire. Hell and death are thrown into the Lake of Fire, thus have an end.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why did you make the statement about the MSS then?

HankD

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I responded to what you said. I guess this is what you do when you have no argument.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because there is no rebuttal. I've just posted a list of all the sermons contained in Acts where the apostles mentioned Hell. There were no entries on the list. This is important because Acts is the model for evangelism and church planting. (Note: I'm not saying preaching on Hell is wrong, I'm saying it has it's place but it's not every time you open your mouth.)

Similarly, months ago, I posted an extensive list of all the times Paul went into the synagogues and preached rather than open air preach. There was/is no rebuttal to that either. That's one of the main reason he's put me on ignore.

No, Evan's MO is to ignore constructive criticism and just plow ahead on the same old path as before.

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow someone has changed their tune, although they forgot to update their website
    Soul Winning

6. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words 0

7. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

o the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Oh yes, you can say "I don't save anyone".....ok then ....just get busy then! :)

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I know I'm on ignore but I'll post this anyways incase you take a peek. Here is an article you really should read and take to heart.Building a Teachable Spirit
    You come on here asking the same questions and getting the same advice only to throw said advice back in the faces of those giving it. You really need to take more time to listen because its obvious that God is not using you as a means to win souls to Himself. If I didn't know any better I would say you are trying to push people away from Christ not toward Him.

9. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evangelism should be balanced. God's holiness should be balanced with God's love. Prosperity should be balanced with the truth of persecution. Hell should be balanced with Heaven. Wrath should be balanced with grace.

10. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John - Rev didn't mention cal vs. arm. He posted a verse that directly contradicted what you said; when you responded by saying the translation was incorrect, he then showed you that the translation you used was basically the same ("winneth" vice "captures"). Then YOU brought up cal vs. arm. You didn't even address Rev's use of scripture or his actual defense against your response. What you did was try to dismiss his argument by bringing up something that doesn't have anything to do with his argument.

That's intellectually dishonest.

If you're not gonna admit scripture, then your whole evangelism effort is worthless, and all you're doing is preaching your opinion.

#31 Don, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is interesting that he claimed the ESV said something different but at the same time did not actually post just exactly what the ESV said. It is obvious that he could not defend his original point and only worked to dismiss the fact I presented.

He is in need of some very deep discipleship. He lacks training in ministry, he does not understand what the church is and how he should be involved in it, and he sophomoric hermenuetical skills at best. This discussion is clear evidence of that.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Evangelism ought to be based on what Scripture declares, not the opinions of authors.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh go chase a rabbit.

On the board Calvinist Cafe I asked a question and reformed baptist replied. I cannot post a link very easily away from my computer so perhaps someone else can post a link to that thread here. Thanks...

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it is against the rules to post links to other boards, is it not? Hilarious that he brings in a poster from another board to make his explanation for him, and that explanation includes, "scribal error". Never mind the dozens of translations employing learned translators that render the verse in the traditional manner. Once again, a Calvinist can't abide by the plain reading of the scripture and has to say "X" actually means "Y", and invoke all sorts of esoteric Greek interpretation in order for it to fit their theology.

#36 InTheLight, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't you defend your position on your own?

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looked at your link; he's wrong.

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could someone please explain how Evan got from talking about hell to saying he was not arguing Cal vs Arm and linking to a whole other board?

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is that all you can say?