1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Eternal Son.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Mar 7, 2020.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a difference in one who comprehends something and one who can think conceptually, analyze and discern strengths and weaknesses, and then formulate balanced principles.

Perhaps “political” pressures within a “camp” obliges conformity. This is seen (imo) more often in science related themes but can be certainly shown in theological centers.

The believer should expect to have their perspective changed as they mature in the teachings of the Scripture.

Painting by numbers not only restricts the color selection, but one must stay “in the lines.”

The lines and numbers in a higher thinking skilled person form the parameters and principles that may be engaged to color beyond paint by the numbers.

Just as everything I needed to know to survive may be learned in kindergarten, additional concepts, exposures, experiences migrate into useful service approved by God.

Fear of change and something new is more often met by rejection and fault finding.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    avoid the restrictive lines and colors by reaching FIRST for the bible/prayer rather than the commentary/systematic theology (although the later has its place).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Immutabity goes with the Persons being God. Truth is immutable, and God is the fundamental source and basis of all truth.
    When the Son of God became man, He never ceased being fully God. How He as the Word was "with God" only changed, never that He was God. The Word was both "with God" and "was God," John 1:1-2. And that is not mixed, it is two distinct things that is aways true about the Word as the Son of God. The Word is God the uncaused Cause, John 1:3. The human nature was never God, Hosea, 11:9, ". . . for I am God, and not man; . . ." The Word who "was God" never changed as God, but only how He was "with God." John 1:2. John 1:14. John 1:10. 1 Timothy 2:5, ". . . For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; . . ." Now in the resurrection Jesus as the man became immutable man, Hebrews 13:8. And when He makes His second appearing, Hebrews 9:28, we will get the same human immutablity to be like Him, 1 John 3:2.

#283 37818, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The immutablity of God is not the same as the immutability of immortality we obtain in the resurrection to be like His Son. And after the Judgement, 1 Corinthians 15:28 in the New Heaven and Earth to come Revelation 21:1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apologies for missing this one.

This thread will close sometime after 12am EST.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have always wondered, yesterday, from when? The day before, when?

Χθὲς — 1x
    χθὲς — 2x

7. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it, yesterday, is post resurrection.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
    But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

From/before, let there be light, how was, as of a Lamb/the Lamb going to come about? From/before, let there be light, was woman, a virgin woman going to be necessary relative to the Lamb to be slain? Slain, what was slain from/before, let there be light? From/before where was this virgin woman going to come from? How is the virgin woman going to be the helper fot the man? Who is she going to being into the world?

The Word made flesh? The only begotten.

I shall be who I shall be. Tell them, I shall be, sent you.

I AM.

But whom say ye that I am?
    Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist