1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The evil of conservative welfare cuts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Matt Black, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You left out the impetus for the Peasant's Revolt. 1348-50, the Black Death ravages England, with the loss of life/labor resulting in increased wages. Which the landowning class and government fought with wage control laws.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we look at communism in its truest form (Marxism) we could see that its not good for Christians....nor is it good for anyone. To be blunt, Marx was a bourgeois, someone who never had to work for a living. This genius was against profits....except for an elite elected by himself. As for others, he was violently against profits, alleging they're the source of exploitation and all human misery. Marx always had tremendous respect for the aristocracy and inherited wealth but a demon to new wealth who made the money the old fashioned way( in industry). So bottom line, Marx would prohibit profits on anything....all would belong to the proletariat, but in his corrupt heart he meant the State, of which he and his kind would be the masters. What a tyranny that would be! He and the aristocracy, together!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, after WW2 we plowed money into the rebuilding of Germany (and Japan) and pretty much let the UK fend for itself.... nice thing to do to a proud people who for a while there were the sole bulk-work between Nazi dictatorship & us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, Germany would not allow Donny's Grand-pappy back into the land of the Hun. wonder why?

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Germans are enthralled by the saintly Obama--the UK doesn't want Trump around either. So those two countries are now real old world peas in a pod. They both hate us, especially the deplorables among us who hold Fundamentalist Christian views. Only Eastern Europeans seem to like Fundamentalists and deplorables. Neither German nor UK will be much help if China forces us to destroy North Korean nuclear capability. Expect only criticism from the Never-Trump Brits, especially if they continue to follow Germany's lead on allowing Islamic immigrants to make their cities like the pit called Dearborn, Michigan. Merkel lost a lot of seats but she still managed to keep her job, and she has no use for the USA.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm I haven't spent much time worrying about Europe, my family spent too much time trying to get out, encourage the family to only speak English, rebuild a better life etc., but I appreciate your explanation. I will have to spend time studying their agendas.

7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couldn't stop reading it, talk about a hard luck tale - this guy managed to fall into every crack in the new UC, which IIRC, was suppose to streamline and simplify the British safety net.

Some of this has already been corrected:

Universal credit helpline charges to be scrapped

that was just stupid, couldn't the bureaucrats there see it coming? The wait times between payments is just killer:

PM will not reduce six-week wait for universal credit despite MPs’ warnings

Maybe it's time for them to reform the reform.

• Like Like x 2
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The British Labour Party is called the new home of British Jew-hatred as their leader Jeremy Corbyn is a radical anti-Zionist. Labour is allied with Islam and panders to Islamic hatred of Jews and Christians.

9. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why aren't you wealthy? Maybe you are to ask a question like that. Everyone is not suited to9 start their own business and most start-ups fail. The middle class in America is dying due to inequality. Want to do something about that? It's actually the result of unregulated capitalism. We've living in Dickens' England right now. In an environment when Scrooge said in response to a request give to the poor at Christmas, "We still have work houses don't we?" We have work houses in the U.S. now too. Someone gets arrested for a minor crime (not paying parking tickets for example), can't pay the fine and is sent to prison. Scrooge said that's not my business. The ghost of Christmas present (or his former partner) said mankind is your business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I joined the Labour party 2 years ago, because Jeremy Corbyn has such constructive policies. I'd never joined a party before, & tended to vote Green party as I couldn't support either Conservative or Blairite Labour.

Labour is no more allied to Islam than other parties apart from the rabid "Britain First" loved & tweeted by Trump. Nor is it antisemitic in the normal sense of the word. Objecting to the state of Israel & its persecution of Palestinians is NOT antisemitic. Even CUFI don't go that far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I can assure you I am NOT wealthy.
    You state that not every one is suited to start a business and many fail.
    You are absolutely correct! Now, the individual who has started a successful has
    often invested a lot of money and time into that business - and therefore should reap the benefits
    of his hard work. A business owner has no 40 hour week. He may be working 50,60 even 80 hours a week. May be hard for him to take a simple vacation...
    Employees - on the other hand - many insist on their 15 minute breaks - often use working hours for
    personal business - expect a day off for whatever reason. ect, ect.
    Many workers do not understand what an employer has to go thur.
    First just get several business licenses -

Much more to say - but you get the ideal.

Now, a little bit about me.
    I am not semi-retied - work 2 days a week at a store - 8 working hours a day. I take no breaks, other than
    my non-paid lunch hour.
    I am also self employed - I sell air time for a Christian Radio station and I teach a monthly driving class.
    and I mentioned before - I am nowhere being rich.

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you don't like our laws you should get out of our country, Britain First leaders told

13. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I worked as an engineer for 40 years, 38 of which were at a telecommunications company related companies. I was laid off in 2016 and decided to just retire since I was 66, turning 67 in 3 months. I find it insulting to characterize people like me who worked for corporations as you did. Get over whatever it is that is bugging you. I have lots of things that bug me too but try to deal with them.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Corbyn hates Jews. The Labour Party needs to dump him. Even the BBC, uber leftist, says that there is a rise of attacks on Jews in the UK. Clearly, the political home for that is the Labour Party. Anti-Israel is just the basis for the new attacks. Corbyn said that Hamas and Hezbollah were his friends. As for the Labour Party, they acted the same under Bevin and they seek the votes of UK Islamists with their Jew-hatred rhetoric.

15. Matt Black

Site Supporter

The BBC, uber-leftist?

16. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is the ABSOLUTE RUBBISH rating?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The number of anti-Semitic attacks recorded in the United Kingdom rose slightly in 2017, marking a new record for the second straight year, but saw a significant gain in violent assaults.

Anti-Semitic incidents in Britain hit record high for second consecutive year

“This is about free speech, the freedom to criticise and to discuss every issue, whether it’s the Holocaust: yes or no, Palestine, the liberation, the whole spectrum. There should be no limits on the discussion.”

The Daily Mail quoted him saying: “It’s about the limits of tolerance: we don’t invite the Nazis and give them an hour to explain why they are right; we do not invite apartheid South Africa racists to explain why apartheid was good for the blacks; and in the same way we do not invite Zionists – it’s a very similar kind of thing.”

Mik0 Peled at a Labour Party meeting.

Labour fringe speaker's Holocaust remarks spark new antisemitism row

Jeremy Corbyn has told MPs investigating accusations of antisemitism in the Labour party that he regrets once calling members of Hamas and Hezbollah “friends”.

Giving evidence at the home affairs select committee on Monday, the Labour leader said that he had used the phrase to describe the militant groups during a meeting in parliament in 2009.

Jeremy Corbyn says he regrets calling Hamas and Hezbollah 'friends'

18. Matt Black

Site Supporter

You're conflating anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism; they are two quite different things (you might as well conflate being anti-KKK with being anti-white southerners). And if you believe what you read in the Daily Mail, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but if you say that Israel is an apartheid state that you are engaging in anti-Semitic speech no matter who reports it. No one has denied that the quotation is accurate, just that they didn't like the source of the quotation. At any rate, Labour is not going to be able to move the needle until they dump Jeremy Corbyn, who is a public relations disaster for the British left. Labour has a long history of Jewish hatred and a refusal to throw out their leftist extremists who display their open hatred of Jews/Israel. If you say that Hamas and Hezbollah are your friends, you are very naïve.

20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

No, it's not anti-Semitic to call Israel an apartheid state...because it is, denying some of those within its boundaries basic property rights under the Rule of Law based solely on their race, just like South Africa did until 1994. Imagine if an American group decided to set up a state in the US based on race alone (you can pick the KKK or the Black Panthers, I'm not choosy) - what an outcry there would be! There are many Jews who are critical of this policy - I suppose they are anti-Semitic in your world-view, LOL!

If Corbyn is such a disaster, how come the Labour share of the vote rose under him in the last general election?

• Agree Agree x 1