1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fall of Minneapolis

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by taisto, Dec 22, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have any of you watched the documentary by former WCCO news anchor, Liz Collin titled "The Fall of Minneapolis?" It's an hour and 42 minutes in regard to the George Floyd death and trial. Body cam footage and interviews. It makes me feel like I was hoodwinked by politicians.

The Fall of Minneapolis | A Crowdfunded Documentary

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is the wife of a police officer. She has a bias.

If I understood her correctly, the argument is that Floyd died of a fentanyl overdose, coupled with existing heart problems, so the officer sitting on his next for over two minutes AFTER he was told Floyd wasn’t breathing really didn’t make a difference.

It’s a hard sell, imo.

peace to you

3. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, she certainly has a reason for the documentary.
    She was also an investigative reporter and anchor for the Twin Cities metro CBS affiliate (WCCO). She was in the "war room" to see how editors and producers were going to spin the story.

What I appreciate about this documentary is the factual data provided as well as the clear timeline of events.

Do I think Chauven is a great guy? His reprimands say he had some problems. Did he try to kill anyone? I don't think so. The restraint technique he used was openly trained for by the MPLS police force and the police chief lied on the stand.

What I see is a professional investigative reporter providing facts for us to evaluate.

By the way, Chauven was stabbed over 20 times by a Mexican drug gang member a month back while in prison in Arizona. He survived the attack.

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/01/1216687698/derek-chauvin-inmate-stabbed-charged-attempted-murder

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the knee to the neck restraint was taught by the local PD. I do not believe anyone was taught to stay on the neck AFTER being told your suspect was no longer breathing.

Had he gotten off Floyd when told he wasn’t breathing and started CPR, also as trained, I don’t think anyone would have been convicted of anything.

By staying in the neck and smirking at the crowd for 2 1/2 minutes after being told Floyd wasn’t breathing… he put himself in jail.

Im glad he survived the attack. He shouldn’t be among the general population. This will continue until he is killed.

peace to you

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed as OP is banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.