1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fathers Will

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Servent

Servent Member

Mat 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven.

What is the will of the father.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

John 6:40
    And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I thought carefully about the verse RB presented none the less just as true but not a complete acknowledgement of God's will.
    I believe God's will is much larger than just believing in His Son.
    It's God's will that we repent of our sins. It's God's will that we submit to His righteousness.

His righteousness is in Christ Jesus

MB

4. ReformedBaptist

More..

John 6:37-40
    All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jesus accomplishing the Father's will..

John 17:3-4; 9
    As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine. (emphasis mine)

I chose verses that in their words related specifically to the Father. Obviously there is much more that can be added to what is revealed in Scripture regarding the will of God.

5. Servent

Servent Member

Yes,I do believe that is the Fathers will, I also believe there is more to it than that, Jesus said that many would call on his name but he will answer them I knew you not. There are thousands of people sitting in churches these day's that will die and go to hell, the demons believe and tremble.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen to that Servent; Salvation is much more than simply believing. It is also submission and and a life long commitment.
    MB

7. ReformedBaptist

Do you guys understand salvation to be three-fold: Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification?

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

In addition to accepting Christ as our Savior we are told to follow Him as our Lord. This expresses another side of the will of our Father.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:
    Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?
    Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?
    Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment (see vs. 41-45): but the righteous into life eternal.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 17:30 "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

HankD​