1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The First New Covenant Sermon

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

According to this post, if the repentant believer dies before he is immersed in water, God will not place him into union with Christ. That is heresy. And I don't use that word very often.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You never mentioned anything about the blood. You told me personally that my sins were not washed away because I had not been baptized, even though I had trusted in the shed blood of Christ two years previous to that time, two years previous to the time of my baptism. Now that is heresy.

3. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

He simply makes them concurrent with each other which produces an impossible dilemma for him.

He must admit that there is no HEART beleif in the gospel, no confession of salvation with the mouth (Rom. 10:10) no regeneration (Eph. 2:10a "created in Christ" UNTO good works) until that person physically steps into the water and makes that profession at that point of time.

Therefore, his candidates for baptism are unbelieving, unrepentant, God haters ("enmity" - Rom. 8:7) rebellious ("not subject to the law of God" unconfessing ignorant blind unregenerates (Eph. 4:18).

I have challenged over and over to find ONE EXAMPLE where anyone baptized such a person ANYWHERE in Scriptures???

HE HAS NOT YET BEEN ABLE TO MEET THIS CHALLENGE!!!!!!!

4. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But your not separating them properly. See John 5:24....when does a person cross over from death to life? The moment they believe.

#44 Jedi Knight, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
  5. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes, explain how the New Covenant did not start until Pentecost and the first New Covenant sermon was not preached until Pentecost and yet Christ can tell his hearers this using the present tense? Is he telling them of another way of salvation apart from the New Covenant salvation?

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

adisciplinedlearner, would you please respond to my post #41?

7. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

Sister Amy, I do not know what becomes of the unimmersed repentant believer. God is his Judge, not me.

8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Wait! You have already denied there is such a thing as unimmersed repentant believer (Rom. 10:10)! You can't have your cake and eat it to!

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is a non answer copout. IF a believer isn't put into union with Christ UNTIL they are immersed, then they must go to hell if they die beforehand, according to your theology. There is no other answer.

10. adisciplinedlearner

Words like repent, believe, and baptism are often used in the New Testament as shorthand for conversion to Christ. Sometimes, these words are used to refer to the exact same spiritual blessing received by a Christian convert. We enter into the experience of salvation when we are converted to Christ.

11. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

I think you should go back to a Baptist church! Well maybe not the same one you left....nevertheless.

12. adisciplinedlearner

This is no cop-out. We can hold out hope for unimmersed repentant believers because the Old Covenant saints were also unimmersed repentant believers.

13. adisciplinedlearner

The only Baptist in the Bible was an unimmersed, unchurched individual. I am a disciple of Christ, not a disciple of John the Baptist.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And yet you say that a believer is not united to Christ until they are immersed in baptism. Do you not see this is wrong thinking? If a believer has been converted, they are in Christ.

15. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

But you have restricted conversion to Christ within the confines of water. There is no conversion to Christ before baptism (Rom. 10:10) according to your position! There is no belief with the heart. There is no confession with the mouth.

Why then would he tell lost Jews to believe as your position is there was no New Covenant sermon until Pentecosts Acts 2:38?

Are you reversing yourself now and claiming that John 5:24 is the first New Covenant Sermon????

16. adisciplinedlearner

We are baptized into Christ, into His death, burial, and resurrection, and into His one body. This is how we get "into Christ."

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

adisciplinedlearner, you didn't answer my question. Do you attend a church or corporate worship services?

18. adisciplinedlearner

We are part of the house church movement, and we worship in our home. We are not willing to attend the services of any denominational church. Denominations divide the one body of Christ.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Baptism is a symbol of Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with Him.

The baptism of the Holy Spirit is what bring us into union with Christ.

When Cornelius was baptized with the Holy Spirit, was he in union with Christ at that time? Or did he have to wait until he was immersed in water?

20. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Sounds spiritual.....not!