1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Future of Justification

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TCGreek, Dec 4, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Besides myself, Has anyone else read Dr. John Piper's lastest book The Future of Justification? What are your thoughts on the book and his arguments against NT Wright, Bishop of Durham?

2. As brilliant a NT scholar NT Wright is, he surely got it wrong on the biblical doctrine of justification.

2. russell55

russell55 New Member

I'm reading it, but I've only made it through the intro so far, and I don't know how fast I'll make it through the book because I'm reading some others at the same time.

I've read other books on the subject, though, and I'd say that Tom Wright's definition of "righteousness of God" is puzzling.

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Piper is right on with this text...btw, if you desire it is available for free, more on that below...

I really like NT Wright and have benefitted from his writings and thoughts. I think he dead wrong on justification. Here Dr Piper has done a great job responding to NT Wright's position on justification and giving a biblical reply point by point. Terrific text.

Oh, and just fyi...Desiring God Ministries, Dr. Piper's ministry, pretty much allows everything to available for free and you can find this book on their site for free. Please do remember that they appreciate, and live off of, donations to ministry. :)

4. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

I haven't read the book, but I saw an interesting reaction to it here (including the comments). I have read Wright and must pause in saying that he surely got it wrong on justification.

BJ