1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Golden Rule of Hermeneutics

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Apr 17, 2021.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think that he is in the same club as you. As wrong as he is he does not stoop to being deceitful like you did in your quoting me out of context.

2. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not studied these questions before.

Having said that, I am confident that neither John 8:58 nor Hebrews 13:8 establishes that He was Jesus the Messiah prior to the Incarnation. Paul's teaching in 1 Cor. 10:4, however, is relevant:

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Because of that statement about His being the Christ before the Incarnation, I believe that He became Jesus Christ at the Incarnation.

I also think that this verse is important for you to consider carefully for another reason. Note that Paul says that the people drank the same spiritual drink. He says that even though we know that what they drank was physical water.

So the water that they drank was both physical water and spiritual water. It was spiritual water not because it was not physical but because it was of supernatural origin from the Spirit (hence the designation, spiritual).

In the same way, the glorious bodies that we will have in the future will be both physical bodies and Spiritual bodies.

#82 Scripture More Accurately, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I guess we will just disagree, the last part especially. But thank you for answering.

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow. Just wow.

I did go back to your post in previous thread to see what all this this talk of David L Cooper of BJU was about. Linked to it, and provided you some history of previous articulation of the concept in the 1800s.

5. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Putting together two different quotes from two different threads decades apart and leaving the impression that it was the same conversation is deceitful.

Anyone can read posts #42 and #43 and see just where the "Wow. Just wow" belongs.

6. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So?

7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know He resurrected because Scripture says it. But at some time, the necessity of Incarnation having passed, the days of His flesh, He returned to that glory He had with the Father, John 17.

When, precisely, I wouldn't venture to say. Scripture is silent on that . This is just one thing among others that we would like to have Scripture but, as I think you know, God does not fill in all the blanks.

8. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no Bible to support the notion that there has been a reversal of the Incarnation. This is heretical teaching.

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no biblical proof of your position.

10. Scripture More Accurately

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your claims that the Incarnation has been reversed and that there is no future physical resurrection of the dead are based on your serious mishandling of fundamental gospel teaching in 1 Cor. 15 and elsewhere. Your views are heretical.

11. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then so must you also be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not concerned about your misinformed appraisal . BTW, 1 Cor. 15 is a key passage for the proper view of resurrection.

Any further replies will not be read. I will ignore you so as not to waste my time.

#92 asterisktom, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  13. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Incredibly ironic comment, coming from you.

Any further replies will not be read. I will ignore you so as not to waste my time.