1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The 'Great Reset' is about to become the law in Europe — and America could be next

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 6, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Citing concerns over climate change and the "golden opportunity" for societal change created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Economic Forum launched in June 2020 a radical "Great Reset" initiative, in partnership with various leaders from the public and private sectors.

CEOs of major corporations, as well as banks, central banks, financial institutions, labor unions, international organizations, and government leaders — including John Kerry, the Biden administration's "climate czar" — quickly signed on to the plan, which pledges to push the "reset" button on the global economy.

As World Economic Forum head Klaus Schwab wrote in an op-ed about the Great Reset published in June, "The world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a 'Great Reset' of capitalism."

Supporters of the Great Reset aim to alter the global economy through two different reform strategies. The first is to create a variety of new government programs, including policies similar to the far-left Green New Deal resolution proposed in 2019 by New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

The second, even more far-reaching part of the Great Reset is the widespread adoption of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) standards, which change the way businesses are evaluated.

The 'Great Reset' is about to become the law in Europe — and America could be next

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Scary.
    I am too weak to suffer through this tribulation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To disciples everywhere!... Brother Glen:)

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

• Like Like x 1