1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Heart Revealed

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't like the government telling me that I HAVE to do anything.

Again, the GOP seems to be really fickle about this government intervention thing. Take personal responsibility for educating your own kids. It's not the government's responsibility.
    :Whistling
    Then love on them and sit them down and tell them that instead of trying to force them to by some government mandate.

Then you're not as conservative as you pretend to be.:)

Stop playing games. It old you already I oppose the REQUIREMENT.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Tell that to all the folks that had their communities burned to the ground because of Obama's stirring the pot by siding with the thugs.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you have been paying attention to ALL the news outlets, many black folk speak out and say the same thing against Obama and the black lives matter racist.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

With what thugs did he side? When has he said it's okay for folks to burn down neighborhoods or to loot anything?

You like most angry white GOP men in America just need someone to blame for what white privilege has caused, and Obama is the easy target.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you have been paying attention to all the news outlets, and if you know your history, you'll recognize that the majority of Blacks don't feel that way.

What you're talking about is just another example of what Malcolm X said some 50+ years ago.

So please don't talk to me like that one or two folks that the GOP has found means anything.:rolleyes:

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. My answer is that you talked about everything but Jesus as your solution to changing folks life.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It began with him siding with Trevon Martin who was proven to be the thug in the situation. Then we have "hands up don't shoot" which never happened and Obama condemned the police with his rhetoric inflaming the crowds ignorant of the truth. Just to name two.

There you go again with the "angry white men". Try watching ALL the news programs and see the "angry black men" who are siding with your "angry white men" on this. You can keep touting it is "angry white men" but the facts are not on your side. It's just making you look uninformed brother.

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will not blame the majority of blacks for being lied to over the past 60 years. They have been fed lies for decades and I understand how hard it would be for them to change but hopefully the black folks who discover the truth will go into their communities and educate the majority.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Go back in our conversation brother. The question was what could OBAMA have done? Now why would I suggest a non Christian give the people Jesus? That is impossible. We are talking about Obama. That would be great, but that wasn't a possibility with the question of Obama.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How did he side with Trayvon Martin? He said if he had a son, he would probably look like Trayvon. What's wrong with that?

And Trayvon Martin could have been the biggest thug in the world. But just like the unarmed black men murdered by police officers, he deserved due process. And that was denied by a vigilante behavior of a man who has post-shown repeatedly that he needs to be somewhere jailed.

What does hands up don't shoot have to do with Obama? Did he say that? And when you've got a series of police murders of unarmed black folks, he should have condemned the police.

If you can blame stuff on Obama, I can point the finger at angry white men.

Try reading the Malcolm X quote and it'll explain why the 99% of black folks who aren't in agreement with the one or two black folks that Fox News can get on their tab don't mean a hill of beans.

It's like you think the 1% that DT is polling with black folks means that the 99% of Blacks who reject him are just wrong.:Biggrin

And you can keep denying it, But the facts aren't on your side.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They may have been fed lies by the Democrats. But black folks are smart enough to recognize that the GOP is where all of the white nationalists and supremacists now hangout. They recognize that the things being said loudly by Trump today are the same dog whistles Lee Atwater was sounding decades ago.

So try as you might to pit the Democrats against Blacks, they still recognize that the democrats are still at least attempting to include them and to work with them, whereas the GOP in general has made it clear that they don't give a hoot about Black Lives. They've been WELL educated on that.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And this puts us right back at wrong Christian thinking because just like with most of the GOP, you think a man can change what's wrong with folks. That is impossible.

It wouldn't be possible from a lot of folks who call themselves evangelicals either.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you believe what you wrote, then me repeating the known facts of these situations is not going to persuade you one bit. There is no way you could have followed these stories with an open mind and settled on the conclusions you have reached unless you dismissed all the evidence in favor of a false premise no matter what the facts reveal.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    YOU asked what Obama could have done brother. In your reply you are declaring Obama or any other non Christian politician could not do anything to help the poor and needy, ONLY a Christian can. Are you saying God only uses Christians to help the poor and needy?

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Oh so the facts show that Obama said something else about Trayvon Martin? What the facts really show is that you know so little about the truth of what he said about Trayvon Martin that you don't even know how to spell the kid's name.:Cautious

Sure there is a way. It's called the Holy Spirit. I love people and cringe when anyone's life is taken. What you have done is what angry white men all over the country have done and that is done away with your humanity where Blacks are concerned.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I declared in response to your belief that some leadership speeches would change lives, that you should have opted with Jesus.

Is that what you read?:)

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well I'm glad you were smart enough to figure out who I was talking about. There is hope yet! But then you think using a different spelling of a name shows little facts about a case, so maybe not so much.

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, I'm feeling that love of yours!

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What it shows is that you're reiterating what you've heard folks say and assuming it to be truthful because that's what you want to be the truth. But that you really didn't care enough about the lost life to even find out how to spell the child's name correctly.

So yes I think that says A LOT about you and reinforces what Blacks say about folks marginalizing their lives.

Yet angry white men still wonder why those kids are saying Black Lives Matter?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Non Christians do not give the gospel brother, it ain't going to happen. So either you suggest they say something to help or they say nothing at all. Obama is proof that speech changes lives, just look at the burnt out communities. Look at cult leaders (no Obama is not a cult leader) speech does change lives.