1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Heresy of Investigative Judgment

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Problems with Adventist teachings regarding Investigative Judgment.

The following is rather long but the writer gives Scripture showing the fallacy of Investigative Judgment.

2. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Moronic posts never cease from arriving on the scene.
    I have never even hinted that I am Baptist.
    Everyone must know by now that I am Pentecostal/Charismatic.

3. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

There are many NT warnings about our dire need to be "overcomers".
    Here's one ...

Rev 21:7-8 • “He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God
    and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers,
    sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the
    lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Perhaps some Baptist would be so kind as to explain ...
    What does God's grace towards us have to do with us being overcomers?

Could it be that God violates our free will and does NOT allow us to habitually sin?
    Hint: chastisement does NOT by any means guarantee our obedience.
    IMO, free will is King! ... God or Satan is not King ... Man's free will is King!

#23 evangelist-7, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  4. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Any true prophet or prophetess of God ... in the past and today ...
    - will have received the baptism with the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of tongues
    - will have one or more of the 9 spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12)
    - will have been called to the ministerial office of prophet (Eph 4:11)

Such a prophet/prophetess of the Lord will teach that God's S-W-Ms should be utilized
    while preaching the gospel, and to heal multitudes of people of a wide variety of problems.
    Yes, exactly as done in the NT.

The forsaking of such has been instrumental in killing the church in Europe,
    and has done great damage in North America as well.
    Any great revival in our future can only succeed through God's S-W-Ms.

#24 evangelist-7, Dec 8, 2013
  5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am surprised that after your repeated blasphemies of God you are allowed to continue here on this board.

6. OldRegular

Where is the moderator? I agree that the post is blasphemous as well as idiotic. I started to respond but apparently this person and Ryan are in a contest to see which one can post the most trash.

7. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Please, someone just explain to the rest of us ...

How do BACs not have the free will to refuse to obey God?

BACs must be willing to be led by God's Spirit to be considered sons of God.
    See the BB (Black Below).
    BACs must be willing to co-operate with the Spirit's sanctification process!

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Baloney!!

John 1
    11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

It is faith in Christ that makes one a child of God!!
    Faith alone + nothing!!

Romans8
    14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Those that are led by the Spirit are already a child of God. That is why they call Him Abba! No unbeliever will EVER follow God's Spirit! Only one who has ALREADY been born again of the Spirit will!!

You have a spirit of antichrist!!

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Meanwhile" -- Back to the Bible

The pre-advent Judgment of Dan 7 - based on

investigating the records/books of heaven.

Dan 7
    “I kept looking
    Until thrones were set up,
    And the Ancient of Days took His seat;
    His vesture was like white snow
    And the hair of His head like pure wool.
    His throne was ablaze with flames,
    Its wheels were a burning fire
    10 “A river of fire was flowing
    And coming out from before Him;
    Thousands upon thousands were attending Him,
    And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him;
    The court sat,
    And the books were opened.

13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
    And behold, with the clouds of heaven
    One like a Son of Man was coming,
    And He came up to the Ancient of Days
    And was presented before Him.
    14 “And to Him was given dominion,
    Glory and a kingdom,

That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
    Might serve Him.
    His dominion is an everlasting dominion
    Which will not pass away;
    And His kingdom is one
    Which will not be destroyed.
    21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them
    22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

================================================
    Paul and the future Judgment.

Romans 2

13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

2 Cor 5:10
    10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

And the "reward" for "Bad deeds"??? "The wages of sin is Death" Rom 6:23

John and the future judgment --------------=========================================

Rev 14:12

12 Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Rev 14:6-7
    6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”

================================================== ===========

The saints and sanctification.

1 John 3:3
    3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Phil 2
    12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
    14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; 15 so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I will have reason to glory because I did not run in vain nor toil in vain.

John defines what sin is
    1 John 3
    4 Whosoever commiteth sin, transgresseth also the Law: for sin is the transgression of the Law.

5 And ye know that he was made manifest, that he might take away our sins, and in him is no sin.
    6 Whosoever abideth in him, sinneth not: whosoever sinneth, hath not seen him, neither hath known him.
    7 Little children, let no man deceive you, he that doeth righteousness, is righteous, as he is righteous.
    8 He that commiteth sin, is of the devil: for the devil sinneth from the beginning: for this purpose was made manifest that Son of God, that he might loose the works of the devil.
    9 Whosoever is born of God sinneth not: for his seed remaineth in him, neither can he sin, because he is born of God.

Hmmm you realize of course your response to my position above - that quotes the Bible alone - puts you in the position of making no sense right?

Why do that???

Your response to my post of these Bible texts gets more bizarre with each response.

Why keep doing that??

in Christ,

Bob

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now and then - once in a great while someone opposed to my view will stray from simply engaging in name calling, or simply blindly quoting from a playbook-website - and actually post Bible texts in support of their real POV.

I appreciate it on the rare times that it happens - as in the case above.

But this thread is not about denying that a born-again Christian is in fact - a born again Christian.

It is about whether to accept the Daniel 7 preadvent investigative judgment - or to turn a blind eye to it.

Hence my text in response to the Romans 3 fact that all mankind has a sinful nature. Showing how the Daniel 7 teaching does not conflict with Romans 3 and that even Paul in Romans 2 affirms the Daniel 7 teaching of the Word of God.

If those who oppose my views were not so fearful of addressing the Bible points raised - i think the topic would progress much better.

==============================

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will post the text "again" because it appears that the instict to "Bible-avoidance" by those who oppose this topic is a hard habit break.

====================================

The pre-advent Judgment of Dan 7 - based on

investigating the records/books of heaven.

Dan 7
    “I kept looking
    Until thrones were set up,
    And the Ancient of Days took His seat;
    His vesture was like white snow
    And the hair of His head like pure wool.
    His throne was ablaze with flames,
    Its wheels were a burning fire
    10 “A river of fire was flowing
    And coming out from before Him;
    Thousands upon thousands were attending Him,
    And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him;
    The court sat,
    And the books were opened.

13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
    And behold, with the clouds of heaven
    One like a Son of Man was coming,
    And He came up to the Ancient of Days
    And was presented before Him.
    14 “And to Him was given dominion,
    Glory and a kingdom,

That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
    Might serve Him.
    His dominion is an everlasting dominion
    Which will not pass away;
    And His kingdom is one
    Which will not be destroyed.
    21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them
    22 until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was passed in favor of the saints of the Highest One, and the time arrived when the saints took possession of the kingdom.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Forgiveness in the Bible is based on God's doctrine on "atonement", and on His foreknowledge. A point many Calvinists miss entirely.

Enoch and Elijah go to heaven before Christ dies on the cross and before sins are blotted out from the record books of heaven. Individual forgiveness happens at the moment we repent and confess - and turn to God.

The reason that the Matt 18 and Matt 6 "forgiveness revoked" principle works - is because sins are not blotted out from the record books of heaven until the "times of refreshing" predicted in Acts 3.

Matt 18 "forgiveness revoked" is a subject of the Bible - often ignored by those clinging to man-made-tradition over the Word of God.

[FONT=&quot]32 ""Then summoning him, his lord said to him, "You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]33 " Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?'[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]34 ""And his lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]35 "" My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.'' [/FONT]

Matt 6

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
    14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

There is a long list of other texts that disprove OSAS in the same way - such as those we find in Ezek 18.

=====================

Here is the Acts 3 statement

Acts 3
    uffer, he hath so fulfilled. 19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
    20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
    21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
    KJV

#32 BobRyan, Dec 8, 2013
  13. OldRegular

God's Grace has everything to do with His redeemed being "overcomes"!

However, you will never understand the Grace of God as long as you make blasphemous statements such as the following. You are to be pitied!

14. OldRegular

My response to the Scripture you quote is that none of them teach the Heretical concept of Investigative Judgment.

Your concept of God is not the Sovereign Creator and sustainer of all that exist but that He is a pencil pusher, constantly erasing and adding names to the Book of Life. FYI those names in the Book of life were there before the Foundation of the World and the same names will be there throughout eternity.

Those who are foolish enough to believe that God cannot keep what belongs to him must live a miserable life, never knowing when God will zap them into an eternal lake of fire.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

AMEN!

Bob does not see God as a loving and forgiving Father whom we call Abba! He sees Him as just waiting for us to mess up so He can punish us. But the Bible says that God is patient and loving and does not want to punish but rather discipline the believer in this life while always keeping His promise of eternal life!

16. OldRegular

I keep telling you Ryan you need to get a Bible that has all the inspired, inerrant Scripture. You stopped short in your "cherry picking"! Consider what the Apostle Paul tells us in Romans 3:

Romans 3:10-31
    10. As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
    11. There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    12. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
    13. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
    14. Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
    15. Their feet are swift to shed blood:
    16. Destruction and misery are in their ways:
    17. And the way of peace have they not known:
    18. There is no fear of God before their eyes.
    19. Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
    20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
    24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
    25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
    26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
    27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
    28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
    29. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
    30. Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
    31. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Don try to take it all in at one time Ryan. I posted the long passage in case your SDA bible does not contain them. Just consider the following:

20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

It is very important that you understand these Scripture so you will stop trying to work your way out of the "lake of fire". It can't be done as the Apostle tells us above. Man is justified by faith and not by deeds of the law. In fact man cannot be justified by keeping the law.

It is also important that you have access to the following Scripture:

Romans 8:28-30
    28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Those whom God chose to Salvation in Jesus Christ He also Glorified! It doesn't say that He will investigate and if they were good little SDAers they will be Glorified but those He called, He Justified, and Glorified! No wills in the above Scripture!

Now if you believe that God is really Sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all that exists, and not just some glorified bookkeeper, you should have no trouble understanding these Scripture. Even if they are totally new to you.

#36 OldRegular, Dec 8, 2013
  17. OldRegular

Well said Amy. Praise Him that He is a loving and patient Father. And praise Him that He does discipline us as a loving Father.

18. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Did the spirit of antichrist also explain to you what your John 10:27-29 is all about?
    Every little tiny element of God's word needs to be explained to you.
    Sorry, I don't have time ... t'would take 100 years!

19. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Anyone who believes that man cannot override God's grace towards him
    must believe that the Lord has created a bunch of mindless robots.

Mindless in many case, yes, but NOT robots!

I've given up using the word "moron", so now I will say pathetic!

And your pal thinks you people are "Spirit-filled" ... when he has no idea at all what the word means!

20. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Kindergarden has loaned us someone who has no idea of the meaning and value of words,
    which is to be expected of an American kindergardener!

What do I use ... moronic or pathetic?

Everyone, please note da red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.