1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the imputed sin once more - to those against it

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Aki, May 12, 2003.

1. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

So in Rev. 20, when the books are open, what "works" will unborn fetuses be judged by? Even if you say "God's grants special mercy to all unborn", why, if they are just as cognizant of evil as an adult? They would be under the same rule that God would elect them, enabling them to believe (yes, before birth, still!) in order to be saved.

2. John Gilmore

John Gilmore New Member

Yes, unborn children can believe in the message of the Gospel: "For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." Luke 1:44

3. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Yes, unborn children can believe in the message of the Gospel: "For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." Luke 1:44 </font>[/QUOTE]Consider that Mary and Elizabeth had not been together for a while, perhaps since before Elizabeth became pregnant. It is highly unlikely that the child In her womb had any association with Mary at all. But now, Mary is carrying the Christ in her womb. Both John and Jesus are special cases, John is the forerunner to the Messiah, Jesus is the Messiah. It is quite possible that John and Jesus knew each other prior to encarnation.

The point is, that this particular scripture does not support normal human child bearing, so to use it as you have is mere speculation on your part.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, Yelsew! You just keep pulling these wild ideas out of your hat. How many more do you have?

Okay, now please explain this idea of yours.

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Both Jesus and John fulfill prophesy! Though that does not prove they knew each other prior to encarnation, both of their births have highly unusual circumstances. Jesus, born of a virgin. John born of a much older, formerly barren, woman and her aging husband. Kind of reminiscent of Abraham and Sarah.

There are others with, not normal for humans, origin and existance such as Melchisidek of whom it is said had no parents, well if not where do these mysterious persons come from? Then there are mysterious departures too.

So it seems, that which is not explainable according to the norm could in fact be explained by the unusual.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, Yelsew, John the Baptist didn't exist until he was conceived. Jesus already existed because He is God. So how do you possibly come up with this cockamamie idea?

7. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

I did not declare the idea to be true, but there is that possibility, considering that John responded in the womb to the presence of Jesus in the womb.

The fact that Mary went to visit her cousin who was carrying John. The greeting from Mary may have quickened Elizabeth, gladdening her, which started John kicking. There are all kinds of explanations, so I thought I throw an off the wall concept out there too.

Afterall, they make comic books don't they?

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The also make crayons, don't they? Do you use crayons in creating your original posts? [​IMG]

9. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Where does it say that we can only post that which is absolutely true and proveable? You certainly do not!

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well, then, let me speculate about you. ;)

I think you may very well be an alien life form from an uncharted planet called Yelsewaka. You have come here to steal our M&Ms, which are the main staple food of Yelsewaka. You can no longer make chocolate on your home planet due to a plague that killed all of the Yelsewian cattle. Also, a blight destroyed the Yelsewian peanut crop. You are gathering huge, huge quantities of plain and peanut M&Ms and beaming them back to Yelsewaka on a weekly basis.

Now, I cannot prove this, mind you, but I find it to be fascinating to contemplate. [​IMG]

11. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

You may be right!