1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Invisible God Has An Image That Can Be Seen

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by HopefulNChrist, Oct 4, 2018.

1. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those who defile the temple of God with unrepentant iniquity will reap the wages of physical death by being cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.... but they are still saved.

If you do not believe me, then with His help, explain the two references below.

1 Corinthians 3:.15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There cannot be any remaining here whose sins have been cleansed and atoned for by the blood of Christ, as His death atoned for ALL sins! Do you see Jesus paying for just past and present, but not future sins?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny that the death of Jesus was sufficient to atone for all sins!

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  4. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Think about what you are saying, because we are called to depart from iniquity or else, be excommunicated by the church & by the Bridegroom when He comes.

I do not deny what Jesus has done because that foundation laid by Jesus Christ remains for the unrepentant but saved believer. The works on it will be judged and if any one has defiled the temple of God,...… but I have shared all of that with you and you still ignore His words, so I am dropping the discussion with you and just pray for you instead. Later, brother.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You hol to a teaching that does deny the sufficiency of the atonement, as you would have God not resurrecting some due to their lack of obedience, but how much is enough?

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet He will pity them and wipe away the tears.

7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about anyone else but when God judges me he is looking thru the shed blood of his son our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who stood where I could not... He sees me any other way than that... I'M TOAST!,,, Brother Glen:eek::eek::eek:

Genesis 18:25 Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

#27 tyndale1946, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe God can be visible or invisible AS HE CHOOSES, assuming any form He chooses whenever He chooses.

I had a rather-heated discussion on another site with a KJVO who argued that God has no body, while I pointed out in Exodus 33 where God allowed Moses to see His BACK, but covered Mo's face with His HAND, not allowing Mo to see His FACE. So, at that time God certainly had a body!

Same with the HOLY SPIRIT. He appreared at Jesus' baptism in the form of a dove, & I believe He can do the same as Yahweh, assuming any form or becoming visible or invisible as He chooses.

And the resurrected Jesus does the same. remember, He said that wherever/whenever two or more are gathered in His name, He would be present! And we know He became visible when He was pre-carnate, such as appearing as Captain of the Lord's army to Joshua.

Far as that goes, He reminds us that people have entertained angels, unaware they were angels.

9. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I acknowledge the sufficiency of the atonement by acknowledging how that foundation which was laid by Christ Jesus can never be removed.

You are denying what will happen to what is on that foundation.

You are denying the consequence for defiling the temple of God.

There is no point providing scripture again of 1 Corinthians 3:10-17 since you are not reading His words and thus denying what He will be doing in that day when God will judge His House by what the believer has built on that foundation.

The foundation remains; his salvation is secured, but the works on that foundation; any unrepentant iniquity that still remains on that foundation, God will judge it and that physical body which is the temple of the Holy Ghost with physical death by being left behind to face the fire coming on the earth and the coming great tribulation as a result of that fiery judgment on the earth.

10. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Right. The prodigal son will find that he is still son even though he can never get that inheritance back in giving it up for wild living in the past. The loss of that inheritance is akin to Esau giving up his birth right for a meal for which Esau wept bitterly for it. So being damned as a vessel unto dishonor in His House is a loss that will require God to perform a miracle to get past that loss by wiping the tears from their eyes from when they were weeping and gnashing their teeth about for being left behind.

#30 HopefulNChrist, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  11. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Feel free to share with him, the scripture from this thread at the link below where the Son of God was the God that men had seen in the Old Testament.

Jesus Was/Is the God Men Had Seen Before His Incarnation

I rely on the KJV myself for the meat of His words in discerning good and evil in these latter days, and so just because one KJVO believed that way, doesn't mean all others do as it should be obvious in regards to me at the link above. Many will see me as KJVO but that would mean representing everything related to KJVO and since some things ascribed to KJVO are by anti-KJVO, I cannot represent KJVO, but simply say why I rely on the KJV only for the meat of His words in keeping the faith which is the good fight.

Thank you for sharing.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FWIW, I agree.

13. HopefulNChrist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My mistake in the quote is in bold below.

Right. The prodigal son will find that he is still son even though he can never get that inheritance back in giving it up for wild living in the past. The loss of that inheritance is akin to Esau giving up his birth right for a meal for which Esau wept bitterly for it. So being damned as a vessel unto dishonor in His House is a loss that will require God to perform a miracle to get past that loss by wiping the tears from their eyes from when they were weeping and gnashing their teeth about for being left behind.

It is not a damnation in being a vessel unto honor in His House, but rather as a vessel unto dishonor in His House.

I thank the Lord for helping me catch that typo mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I'm an avowed enemy of the KJVO myth & use the KJV very little, I won't discuss that on THIS sub-forum.

However, there's nothing in any Bible version contradicting the fact that God can assume any degree of visibility or invisibility or assume any form He chooses whenever He chooses.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am denying that one can not be part of the first resurrection unto glorification if one has been saved and sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise!

16. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two things to note: One, God, the LORD (YHWH) is invisible and omnipresent. Secondly He is only visible by way of His Son.

". . . No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared [Him]. . . ." -- John 1:18.

[Examples: Genesis 12:7; Isaiah 6:5, etc.]

#36 37818, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe Moses saw His back and at least one hand. God had said no man could see His FACE & live. And I believe John 1:18 thus refers to Yahweh's face.

And as I said earlier, I believe He can assume any form or any degree of visibility/invisibility whenever He chooses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Son is the sole cause of all things on behalf and as being God (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17).

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But we go back to where the pre-carnate Jesus appeared to men, such as when He appeared to Joshua as Captain of the Lord's army. There's no indication that Josh couldn't see His face, while on Sinai, God wouldn't allow Moses to see His face.

And God (we assume it was Yahweh speaking) said, "Let US make man in our own image." So we must assume Yahweh has an image He assumes at will, or not believe His own words.

I choose to BELIEVE HIM.