1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Irony of moral opposition to Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not beholden to anyone except himself which is a huge reason not to vote for him. Poor Ann Coulter just found that out as Trump is now in favor of Jeb Bush's position on immigration reform, per his appearance on Hannity the other day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, of course. It would be better if he were beholden to the big banks and insurance companies. And to George Soros and the Koch brothers. :rolleyes:

Good for him. This country is in desperate need of comprehensive immigration reform.

Two more reasons to vote for him.

3. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would settle for the voter which Trump has proved he is not beholden to them. They voted for him to build that wall and export 11 million illegal immigrants, and now he is admitting that removing 11 million is not going to happen. I don't see how it is considered "good for him" to flip flop on every single issue.
    So again the fact that he is beholden to no one but himself is a big reason not to vote for him.

4. Tendor

Tendor Member

To be fair I need to declare an assumption before I reply further. I am assuming that you would agree that beholden and being accountable are the same thing. If that assumption is true then that should be a big concern for everyone. A person who is not accountable to anyone is not something to be desired. That is one of the biggest concerns I have about Clinton. She has broken the law multiple times and nothing ever happens to her because she is not accountable to the law. I am sure that you have a problem with Clinton not being accountable to anyone yet you like that same trait in Trump?

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not agree. There is a vast difference between beholden and accountable.

It is not true and thus the point is moot.

Obviously.

False assumptions lead to false conclusions.

6. Tendor

Tendor Member

How can you say that? In this post
    you make it quite clear that you don't think he is beholden to anyone and now you are saying that it would be better if he were beholden to big banks and insurance companies. And to George Soros and the Koch brothers. You are saying two different things. Which view do you hold to really?

• Like Like x 1
  7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When Trump made his I could shoot someone and not lose voters, he was making it clear that he was above the law in the eyes of his supporters, and he was met with cheers of approval. I found that ironic given the rightful outrage of Clinton being above the law.

8. Tendor

Tendor Member

Really a vast difference? How is there a vast difference? If they are as different as dirt and cheese it should be easy for you to explain the difference. Difficulty in explaining the difference between two things only comes when those two things are very similar. Please explain to me how there is a vast difference between the two.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.