1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KEY is by the Door Revelation 1:1

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Jan 5, 2012.

1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been thinking more on the 2nd law of thermodynamics. I believe that it goes contrary to God's own Word. We are told that God is able to - and does - uphold the universe by the word of His power. This verse has greater authority than the more recent pronouncements or observations of man.

Agreed?

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically what is happening here, Hank, is that you have a certain idea of what Full Preterism is - and are then faulting me for for not being consistent to that.

If I truly believed that all is fulfilled after AD70 I wouldn't even have been saved. No one could have become saved, since these are post AD 70 events.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Granted.

Faulting you? yes there is indeed an element of that in any "formal" debate dialogue and we all do it.

Rather I want to hear your explanation/rebutal of the "house" or "temple" of the living God as the scripture (from a futurist point of view) being built in the hereand now and therefore being fufilled in the here and now in the 21st century.

Assuming of course that we both agree that people are being added daily to that holy "edifice" and I believe that we do agree.

There may be potential and plausible rebutal answers, but of course If I knew of them I wouldn't tell you and give you ammunition. :)

But if you do produce the same, then your position is strengthened, otherwise it is weakened.

HankD

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have read nothing that Tom has posted indicating that he believes as you indicate HankD. My understanding is that he believes all prophecy has been fulfilled but I certainly never understood that to include the promise of Revelation 22:17:

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Rather I understand that he and all full-preterists believe that God will continue to save people as long as earth exists!

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember him saying that "all has been fulfilled" perhaps I was mistaken but that would a matter which could be verified by an archival scan.

However, I would like Tom to answer for himself (not that I don't appreciate you comments).

I consider Tom a friend as well as a brother.

The bottom line is if "all is fulfilled" is not true and Jesus is still in the process of building His church,
    then what happens when His Bride is ready, the Temple of God is finished. What then?

What scripture (if any) details this?

HankD