1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV is being updated

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by GlorifyGod, Apr 15, 2022.

1. GlorifyGod

GlorifyGod New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a project happening to modernize the old language of the King James Version. The project website is www.kjvupdate.com. What do you all think?

2. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been a number of such efforts.
    This one argues, ". . . To date, a satisfactory and definitive modern KJV has not been found to exist. The New King James Version is not a strict update of the KJV, for it was re-translated from the original languages and differs from the KJV in places. . . ."

• Like Like x 1
  3. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

No thank you.

I still have my KJV Thompson Chain Reference Bible given to me 44 years ago. I did a comparison of many various bibles back in the mid 90's, and tossed the NIV, and NASB into the garbage. I also did comparisons to the NKJV, via on-line research.... and I shall stick to what I have. it is falling apart, but I have it placed in a zippered bible cover and I shall have it until the Lord calls me home!

The Lord bless you.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not the KJV then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many more of these so called UPDATES do we really need?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

NONE!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that we already have it, called the Nkjv!

8. JesusFan

Why would you throw away the Bible?

9. GlorifyGod

GlorifyGod New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There are some translations in the NKJV that are very different than the KJV. See Genesis 24:22, for example.

10. JesusFan

The Nkjv corrected the mistakes of the Kjv

11. JesusFan

The Nas and 1984 Niv were truer to the originals then the Kjv was!

ADMIN NOTE: Admin deleted most of the quote as that post was deleted.

#11 JesusFan, Apr 15, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are words that need to be changed. And not everyone is going to agree. It is a verse by verse issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet much more worse than the AV ever was.

14. JesusFan

Nas superior to the Kjv

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is the ESV

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thoughts are the KJV was good for its time, but it is not the best translation available. It should remain a piece of history, let those who like it use it, but it does not need updated as it does not use the best manuscripts available.

17. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings!

I need to inform you that is not true. When you do your own research on the NIV, which I hope you will do, if you are truly interested. You shall find there were two persons who were living in their homosexual life styles who served on the Committee and the Board to assist in the translation of the NIV bible.

Does not our Lord and His Apostles teach us not to have evil associations, especially since they are not saved?
    Here is a web-site that lists all the scriptures that were totally omitted from the perverted NIV text. I suggest you read this and do your own comparison......it is truly shocking. I also found this during my comparison back in the mid-90's.

The New International Version (NIV) Bible is Missing 40+ Verses – thankGODforJESUS.org

I hope and pray the Lord will grant you the Grace to see and accept the truth so that you are not deceived. Most Main stream churches are now utilizing this perverted bible, and you can see it in their sermons and their teachings, which is perverting the minds of believers. However the Lord said He shall protect His sheep, and He will open their eyes and ears to what the truth is.
    Let's remember this that we are to only accept that which is acceptable to the Lord.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
    Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
    Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
    Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
    Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
    Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
    Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

The Lord bless you and keep you.

In His Love

18. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

No it is not. I did the comparison......it is found greatly wanting.

Lord bless you....

19. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s a shame you didn’t learn respect for God’s Word when reading your Bible.
    Makes me wonder if you understood what you read.

The translators of the KJV respected the Word of God when they encountered it.

Now to the latter we answer that we do not deny--nay, we affirm and avow--that the very meanest translation of the Bible in English set forth by men of our profession (for we have seen none of theirs of the whole Bible as yet) containeth the word of God, nay, is the word of God: as the king's speech which he uttered in Parliament, being translated into French, Dutch, Italian, and Latin, is still the king's speech, though it be not interpreted by every translator with the like grace, nor peradventure so fitly for phrase, nor so expressly for sense, everywhere. For it is confessed that things are to take their denomination of the greater part; and a natural man could say, Verum ubi multa nitent in carmine, non ego paucis offendar maculis, etc. --a man may be counted a virtuous man, though he have made many slips in his life (else there were none virtuous, for in many things we offend all) [James 3:2]; also a comely man and lovely, though he have some warts upon his hand; yea, not only freckles upon his face, but also scars. No cause therefore why the word translated should be denied to be the word, or forbidden to be current, notwithstanding that some imperfections and blemishes may be noted in the setting forth of it.
    Preface to the Authorized Version​

Rob

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only until it gets in line with the truth of God’s word.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1