1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV...the "Model T Bible Version

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Mar 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you suggesting Jesus told you KJV is correct?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, just that true believers know his voice when they hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Returning to Luke 2:14:
    New American Standard Bible
    "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased."

New King James Version
    “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!”

I would conclude the difference is in the use of textual variants.
    And yes, the message is different too, with the KJV saying peace and goodwill is being offered to all people, whereas the NASB saying peace is among people with whom He is pleased.

Since peace is achieved through reconciliation in Christ, the NASB version seems to fit best with the rest of scripture.
    Luk 7:50
    And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
    Luk 12:51
    “Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division;
    Jhn 16:33
    “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”
    Act 10:36
    “The word which He sent to the sons of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all)—
    Rom 5:1
    Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

4. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed. See post #10 on this thread.

5. Origen

Origen Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean those who do not agree with you about the Comma, do not hear Jesus voice but you do? In other words they are NOT true believers?

#65 Origen, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should think that the Vulgate would be the Model T but you must use it as you never attack it but always the KJV as if you were a scholar.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Origen

Origen Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Arguments from Analogy are faulty by their nature and for good reason.
    Educated people know this already.

That is a stupid comparison.
    The King James Version bears no relation to a Model T car....
    You know nothing of etymology or the evolution of the English Language. Language does not change in any way analogous to the evolution of manufactured machinery.
    Languages are different, they are regionally relevant, (that effects both vocabulary and grammar, and differently at times) and they change on completely differing principles....The English language didn't evolve as a monolith uniformly in all places it was spoken...
    You wouldn't know that, because you really don't know what you're talking about.
    Also, anyone who pretends that the KJV argument is solely relegated to the evolution of language rather than including a manuscript argument is either deranged or deceitful.
    You ignored the textual criticism argument in your assault on a venerated translation of the English Bible...which millions have trusted to learn about the God who can save their souls.

I am not KJVO...I understand something about the evolution of language...There's a wonderful podcast you could listen to for free if you cared (you don't, and you haven't)….
    Look up ":The History of English Podcast" by Kevin Stroud....He's been working on it for YEARS...
    He traces the language from it's primitive roots through centuries of change...

Folks, Roby has no idea what he's talking about, he doesn't really study these issues from genuine concern...
    Somehow, some KJVO torqued him (probably decades ago) in a way that he can't look beyond and forgive...
    He now spends his entire life going from internet board to internet board....(he takes his crusade to CARM as well) inventing reasons to hate the King James Bible.

He has no education in Textual Criticism, no knowledge of the Original Languages, and no real knowledge of the Etymology and grammar of the English Language.
    He has merely hatred in his heart...
    Thus, he has no argument than to pretend that a Bible Translation is a 20th Century manufactured car and pretend that it is a perfect analogy in order to deceive you into rejecting what may be the greatest translation of God's Word into the English Language ever attempted....it's hardly perfect the KJV...it didn't get EVERYTING right perhaps, but, what translation will?

His personal crusade is evil, deranged, uninformed and unworthy of consideration.

#68 HeirofSalvation, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if 50% of believer's believe one text over the other does that mean 50% are not really His sheep? John 8:47.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So why do several KJV-only authors use a good tree analogy as an argument for their KJV-only view?

Many KJV-only advocates inconsistently use a good tree of Bibles argument or a good stream of Bibles argument for their KJV-only claims while they ignore or avoid many verifiable facts about the actual Bibles on their own tree or in their own stream.

Do you in effect suggest that KJV-only advocates use faulty arguments as a basis for their human KJV-only teaching?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Roby, really, I mean, really doesn't know what he's talking about.
    He obsesses over it...
    His hatred of the KJV knows no bounds, and he's spent (as far as I can tell) the better part of a decade of his life convincing erstwhile Bible-believers to hate their Bibles...but, he honestly knows very little about the issue, and never has.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact that a poster disagrees with human KJV-only teaching/reasoning does not demonstrate any actual hatred for the KJV as some posters seem incorrectly to allege.

Where are the actual direct quotations where that poster asserts that anyone should hate the KJV?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Maybe they're idiots?
    Why would you ask it?
    Do I claim to have access to their internal mental states???
    Do you think I claimed to?
    Is that what you think?
    I don't have to answer for them LOGOS....
    I'M not KJVO...
    I know....
    I'm not KJVO...so I don't care what they say LOGOS...
    Why are you so limited in your thinking???
    I don't answer for KJVO advocates because I'm NOT ONE!

You simply don't know how to talk to someone who isn't KJVO, but also understands that you have wasted....absolutely wasted..... your life fighting an unnecessary and stupid battle that no one cares about and doesn't need your input on.....You murder gazillions of innocent electrons posting meaningless critiques against a venerable translation of the Holy Scriptures, and you've spent half of a life-time finding fault where none lies and writing VOLUMES (and copy-pasting those volumes online) That isn't my problem, it's yours.
    YES!!!!
    YES!!!
    A THOUSAND TIMES YESS!!!

But guess what....
    My other point is this:

People like you, and Roby, do 100 times MORE damage to the cause of Christ with your obsession over a liner non-issue than the KJVO advocates ever did or can do, and you're equally as uninformed, faulty in your arguments, and deceitful as they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference is not just in the spelling of one word, the whole "with whom He is pleased" is not in the KJV.

15. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

No, it doesn't...and no one asserts that.
    That's a Strawman.
    No one alleges that.
    They DO allege...
    that someone who spends every waking hour of every decade of their life inventing reasons to scoff at and besmirch and malign the KJV...like you and Roby do...
    hate the KJV...
    That, is an assertion I'll defend.
    There are none, Logos...
    But, no one is accusing either you or Roby of intellectual honesty.....
    We're accusing you of spending countless hours online on every board on the planet (Baptist Board isn't the only one) of finding fault with the KJB.

No one has accused you of admitting to hating the KJV..

I personally, accuse you, of spending countless hours denigrating it, the men who translated it, the King of England who commissioned it, the men who defend it, the greek texts underlining it, and the persons who love and defend it...
    That, I DO accuse you of..

Tell me I'm wrong....

Your move.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, what an over reaction!
    Perhaps the comparison with a model T was about outdated language perhaps?

• Like Like x 1
  17. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

No.
    Not an overreaction...
    These guys have LITERALLY spent decades doing this.
    Writing obnoxiously long and boring books and cyber-stalking internet threads for anyone who vaguely expresses a general apreciation for the king James translation in order to trash-talk it....
    Roby and Logos, are KJV haters on an extreme level..
    and they have been for years..

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly you over react. They oppose KJVOnlyism, not the King James Version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. HeirofSalvation

Site Supporter

Honestly,
    I do not.
    No, they honestly hate the KJV.
    They won't admit to it.
    They may honestly not even be aware of their hatred for it at this point...
    But, they absolutely hate the KJV itself now.
    They may not even know they do.
    Yes, they do.
    They're that far gone...
    Follow them and their postings for more than a decade, and you'll realize that it has BECOME the KJV they hate....
    not simply KJV Onlyism….
    This thread is one of a million examples:
    This thread isn't a critique of KJV-Onlyism…..
    It was an informally logically fallacious attack on the KJV itself.

An "Argument from Analogy" where the O.P. compared a Bible Translation to a manufactured car in order to trash talk it..

No, these guys honestly hate the KJV at this point, they may not even be aware of how deep their hatred is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

God bless you, HeirofSalvation! You've posted the absolute truth about those two. They've both been at this for years all across the internet. It's really sad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.