1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lasting Impression: The Cross

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Pistos, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Pistos

Pistos New Member

The Lasting Impression: The Cross

The season of the 'Holy Week' is at the corner. Many people are busy doing their own business according to their tradition and belief, particularly in my country the Philippines.

When I was a young boy in our local parish church, I used to play a part in 'Sinakulo' a role of a 'lost boy'. We go around our place parading a man carrying a cross and some people dressed with roman soldier uniform. But me, not so hard to find costume because all I have to wear was a dirty swaddling clothes. Having some makeup in my face and arms as if I'm really 'dirty'.

I can't remember now much of the details, but the only thing I know later that afternoon the man carrying cross was hanged on it. I can see his face in agony and in pain. But a while ago we were laughing and joking and singing songs I can't remember anymore. And as the play go on, a man dressed as a jew shouted and said 'If you are really the Son of God come down at the cross and save yourself!'. As a boy, I wanted the man hanged on the cross to do something. He is one of my friend and older brother as a 'Sakristan' in our parish. I cannot understand why fellow-sakristan doesn't do anything but laugh at him. Why?

Everything was so weird.

Later that day, one of the soldiers pronounced him dead. I got confused. I cried. All these things happened when I was 6 years old. After that I can't remember any more. I think I don't want to remember it either. The only thing I remember is a 'lost boy' confused and weeping.

After 9 years, my sister invited me to go with her on Sunday. That Sunday I can never forget. This time the message of the Cross was preached. There was no play and no role to act but only to sit down and listen what the Bible says about the man who was hanged on the cross 2000 years ago. The man behind the pulpit expounded and
    expounded the word of God of how and why Christ died for us. Only that time, I realized how 'lost' I was. Lost without the free gift of God's love. Lost and bound to hell! Later the pastor gave an invitation for anyone who would like to receive Christ. I got out of my seat and came forward as my tears flows my eyes. Wanting to be found as if I can see the Nailed-Print Hands of my Savior beckoning me to come. And I felt a hand tapped me at my back and I looked up, an young man at his 20s named Boyet lead me to Christ as we knelt down at the corner of the Church. I remember everything and it was all clear to me. No longer lost but found nor confused but I cried for joy and half has never yet been told.

What a lasting experience it was! The moment I can never ever forget when I accepted Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior. The lasting impression as the Bible says But God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Such love that still amazes me!

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Amen Pistos...God Bless You Brother...what a wonderful testimony!!!

Greg Sr.

3. Pistos

Pistos New Member

thanks brother... God bless you too... [​IMG]

4. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Amen! It should never stop amazing you!

5. Pistos

Pistos New Member

It humble me more... [​IMG]