1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Libertarian Alternative–Airport Security

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 17, 2010.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Imagine me traveling with a CPAP machine, special soap and a bottle of distilled water. Every goon in the place has to run his or her fingers all over the stuff that I strap onto my face...

I keep reminding myself that our Savior endured with humility the stuff that we would run from, and do likewise.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Imagine the joy people like this guy must be feeling having practically absolute power over someone else life.

#42 poncho, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2010
  3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ben Guiron Airport in Israel does a splendid job.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

Here's your flaw in the logic: This just happened. There hasn't been time for a court case to work its way forward. It wouldn't matter what action you're talking about. A court doesn't rule on it an hour after it happens.

However, time and time again, unreasonable searches without any probable cause have been ruled unconstitutional. Key word: unreasonable.

Is patting down a 13 year-old girl, including touching her privates, reasonable?

Is harrassing an 80 year-old wheelchair-bound white male, including asking him to stand up, reasonable?

Once the courts have sufficient time to process the many suits, I think this will all be made abundantly clear.

Meanwhile, I see no reason that folks cannot speak out against unjust actions.

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Simple, elegant solution...

Place a device inside a bomb-proof booth, and set it to detonate any explosive matter. Walk all ticketed flyer's through the booth.

I can hear the announcements now... "Cleanup in booth #6, send maintenance with a shop vac." "Passengers, please note, there is an available seat for flight number..."

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Or nude flights. The airline issues throwaway jump suits for use until one's baggage is claimed.