1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Life of Rev Polar Bear

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Apr 5, 2020.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most of the media I listen to is Christian radio. When I was in college I would listen in while doing my homework. Most Christian broadcast came out of the inner city and it was all unique. I would listen to ministers who would need readers. You would hear a gruffy voice, a pause, and then a soft female voice reading the next verse of scripture. There would be organist who would contribute to the sermon and I thought it was very entertaining and fun to listen to. While listening in to Christian radio one day I got the following sermon in which the minister boldly proclaims, along with many other one liners....

"No need telling us to blame it on the devil all the time. Because we give him so much credit until God can't get a blessing in there edgewise. The devil made me do this and the devil is in them, I discern the spirit, and you wouldn't know the gift of discernment if it walked up to you with a red hat on." - @ 6:00

Comparing the cold ways to a concentration camp... “Before they said that (all their accusations) to Job they sat and looked at Job for seven days. Just staring at him, you know, here is the richest man in the land, and my Lord he doesn’t have a plug nickel, and what’s going on with him? And they just stared at him! Have you ever been to church and folks are like in a concentration camp? And they sit and stare at you like your in a concentration camp! And they just concentrating on you!” - sermon @12:00

"Were going through a drought period for example in the church. Yes, people are making noise. Yes, they're falling out in the floor. And yes, they are even dancing as they say. But when all that noise is over, and all that speaking in tongues and falling out is over. When they go home they still have no victory... Can you say Amen?"

"It seems like we are going through a spiritual low in the church, where it is Sunday morning, and they come and my God, they will be high up in the Spirit. Come back Sunday night and folk are sitting up looking like totem poles." - 19:00 (Do any still come at Sunday evening service?")

"And sometimes when you council folks once or twice, it takes more than one counseling to get them all unwound, because they done fooled around out there with all these off folks, and off doctrines, until when they get done... They're still mixed up!"

"People are fighting over a position, and arguing over a position. Honey, I am not after no position, I am after God! They getting the coming with attitude. They coming in mad, sad looking like 6:00! And then leaving mad, sad, looking like 6:00!" - @ 24:00

"And the Bible says they will think it strange that you don't run with them, but that's all right! If I got to walk alone I will walk alone! People are coming to church and their coming for something, but it is so dead and cold in our churches until you can ice skate down to the pulpit! And whose standing behind that pulpit yawl... Rev Polar Bear! Cold as Ice! The first church of Frigid-aire! No deliverance! No life! No Holy Ghost!" - Radio minister @ 28:47

#1 rockytopva, Apr 5, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have a web site that is at 2.4 million views....

youtube.com/rockytopva

I don't know if any of the sermons I have posted online were recorded after 1995, or are over 30 years old. It seems the TV ministers these days preach too much on materialism. The ministers I like worry about false prophets, the ministers these days seem more worried about false profits!

3. rockytopva

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The bible, especially Revelation, is written with much metaphor. I cannot believe one can study Revelation, and the bible, and see the same perspective as another fellow believer. You will agree and disagree on the interpretation of different passages. If a pastor prepares a message and does so in prayer and in council of the Holy Spirit it will bless the ears and hearts of those listening. I used to like to listen into the old inner-city radio as it was entertaining to find what those uneducated ministers would do with the Word of God. f someone goes to interpret scriptural prophecy and does so in the flesh such interpretation will not go over with blessing. And to give example....

John Bunyan was uneducated, and a great writer in metaphors/parables, and he explains the use of them in his "The Barren Fig Tree" work (Chapel Library):

6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
    7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
    8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
    9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down. - Luke 13:6-9

In parables there are two things to be taken notice of, and to be inquired into of them that read.

First, The metaphors made use of.
    Second, The doctrine or mysteries couched under such metaphors.

The metaphors in this parable are,
    1. A certain man;
    2. A vineyard;
    3. A fig-tree, barren or fruitless;
    4. A dresser;
    5. Three years;
    6. Digging and dunging, &c.

The doctrine, or mystery, couched under these words is to show us what is like to become of a fruitless or formal professor. For...

1. By the man in the parable is meant God the Father.
    2. By the vineyard, his church.
    3. By the fig-tree, a professor.
    4. By the dresser, the Lord Jesus.
    5. By the fig-tree’s barrenness, the professor's fruitlessness.
    6. By the three years, the patience of God that for a time he extendeth to barren professors.
    7. This calling to the dresser of the vineyard to cut it down, is to show the outcries of justice against fruitless professors.
    8. The dresser's interceding is to show how the Lord Jesus steps in, and takes hold of the head of his Father's axe, to stop, or at least to defer, the present execution of a barren fig-tree.
    9. The dresser's desire to try to make the fig-tree fruitful, is to show you how unwilling he is that even a barren fig-tree should yet be barren, and perish.
    10. His digging about it, and dunging of it, is to show his willingness to apply gospel helps to this barren professor, if haply he may be fruitful.
    11. The supposition that the fig-tree may yet continue fruitless, is to show, that when Christ Jesus hath done all, there are some professors will abide barren and fruitless.
    12. The determination upon this supposition, at last to cut it down, is a certain prediction of such professor’s unavoidable and eternal damnation.

But to take this parable into pieces, and to discourse more particularly, though with all brevity, upon all the parts thereof. "A certain MAN had a fig-tree planted in his vineyard." The MAN, I told you, is to present us with God the Father; by which similitude he is often set out in the New Testament. Observe then, that it is no new thing, if you find in God's church barren fig-trees, fruitless professors; even as here you see is a tree, a fruitless tree, a fruitless fig-tree in the vineyard.

Fruit is not so easily brought forth as a profession is got into; it is easy for a man to clothe himself with a fair show in the flesh, to word it, and say, Be thou warmed and filled with the best. It is no hard thing to do these with other things; but to be fruitful, to bring forth fruit to God, this doth not every tree, no not every fig-tree that stands in the vineyard of God. Those words also, "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh away," assert the same thing. There are branches in Christ, in Christ's body mystical, which is his church, his vineyard, that bear not fruit, wherefore the hand of God is to take them away: I looked for grapes, and it brought forth wild grapes, that is, no fruit at all that was acceptable with God (Isaiah 5:4). Again, Israel is an empty vine, he bringeth forth fruit unto himself, none to God; he is without fruit to God (Hosea 10:1). All these, with many more, show us the truth of the observation, and that God’s church may be cumbered with fruitless fig-trees, with barren professors.