1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The LILAC of Arminian and Non-Cal Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Hey I think I look pretty good to be 600 years old. Just look at my avitar. Spry as a puppy!

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Lol. You're graying up!!! Plus I think your hind legs are getting weak!!!!! :laugh:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Uh.....no comment. :D But as to my dog....he's not graying. He's actually marked like that. Similar to the markings of a doberman. It's called a Phantom poodle. And he doesn't believe in LILAC either. LOL

4. preacher4truth

awwww, I could get him to say "LILAC" for a snausage or two! :laugh:

I'll throw in a couple Beggin' Strips if he can say "TULIP!" :thumbsup:

#104 preacher4truth, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

for a pupperoni, our pug would say anything you'd want her to....:laugh:

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I figure you look good for your age......

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Convicted, I heard through the grapevine that she regularly uses Oil of Delay.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT was funny!!!

Actually my dog shares his snausages and pupperoni with me. They are actually low fat and does wonders for the complexion. :laugh:

9. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Think have to keep in mind here some of the problem here we run into while discussing this is that that are some arms who refuse to identify themselves as being such, or who refuse to embrace their theology...

Also, some non calls refuse to see that by saying that the Gospel by itself is able to save us, brings in concept of our free will saving and deniel of effect of the fall!

10. preacher4truth

True. I also see those who deny what their theology actually teaches. And I also agree, and it has been seen on here from a few, that there is a denial of the severe effect of the fall on all of mankind. Romans 3 is outright rejected by some of these as properly defining and representing all of mankind. What happens next is proof-texting verses in an effort to defend man as "good."

LILAC isn't a broad acrostic covering all Arms & non-cals, just as TULIP doesn't sufficiently in a broad brush identify accurately all "cals."

But both LILAC and TULIP do represent the true views of some within each camp.

Some believe that the TULIP is false teaching, but the fact is many non-cals don't really understand the teaching of each point. Some will attack them vehemenently only to find out they really do not know what the tenet teaches. Total Depravity and Irresistible Grace being the two big ones with, albeit, somewhat misleading titles.

When we look at LILAC with such things as "Limited Depravity" and "Carnal Security" and the more subtle "I elect Christ", the teachings of these are on target with their titles but are off track Scripturally. The fact is, some teach these things. A person may not come out and say it and may also state they don't believe these things, but a look at their theology would prove otherwise. This is what we need to get at, what our theology actually teaches, not what we say it teaches. In doing this we can sharpen our apologetic to properly represent Biblical truth.

A more scriptural view of the above three points would be; 1)"Limited Depravity" is false, we are from head to toe depraved. 2) In "Carnal Security" we can say in opposition that it is Christ alone who is Savior, and He alone keeps us saved, not effort, nor us, and, those who deny the faith and go out from us were never of us. 3) Then to the point "I elect Christ" let us be careful to acknowledge that it is He who chose us.

Thus the answers to oppose these would be; "Total Depravity", "Eternal Security", and "Chosen by God" respectively (and you can replace "chosen" with "elect.")

To deny that people don't believe the tenets of LILAC is to walk around with blinders on.

- Peace

#110 preacher4truth, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  11. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

There are a number of persons on this board that DO ascribe to LILAC.

I only hesitate to name names because of board conventions. But a search will find discussions where each of the points in LILAC are defended, and rigourously.

There is one going on right now over original sin that ought to clue some of you in...

We just wrapped up another one on that same topic where one of the posters admitted to being a Pelagian and argued that he was more right than someone who fell under the evil influence of Augustine.

12. preacher4truth

There certainly are, and there are a few, which is why I brought up LILAC.

I am perplexed why some of these believe the things it teaches. I don't get it. :confused:

The "no one here believes that!" delusion is just that.

The other vitriol that has come against the fact that LILAC is truly taught is just as useless.

There is no need to attack a person shedding light on what is going on. I'd rather see it addressed and truth be defended rather than seeing the dismissive pejoratives as if it doesn't exist, and as if bringing it to light is simply a person being __________, __________ , _____________ (fill in the blanks.)

Again, it should be addressed, and our apologetics need to be sharpened against this false teaching.

- Peace

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

think that those who deny that the fall of adam killed us off spiritually, and that we no longer have the "free will' remaining in order to place faith in christ and get saved are in a sense deluding themselves into getting in a subtle sense into getting a man centered, not God centered theology!

and also think that Arms especially need to relise their OWN theology does see mankind as spiritually bankrupt, and that God MUST apply a special act of His grace towards us in order to have even 'free will' restored again, its NOT just preach the Gospel and you respond, period!

14. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Can you explain what you mean by "free will restored" because if the man (who is regenerated) WILL IRRESISTIBLY accept Christ then what is "free" about it? And before you say, "It is done according to his desire," then please tell us what determined his desire and then explain how that promotes any sense of "freedom?"

Does not 'freedom' connote the idea that they could accept or reject it? If not, then explain your concept of freedom. Thanks

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is a lie...and cowardice on your part. If someone believes this outrageous strawman known here as LILAC please do tell who.

I expect crickets at this point...

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Light" :laugh:

The comedy continues... :laugh:

17. mandym

mandym New Member

And this post is a prime example of what I said here

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1788601&postcount=29

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member