1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lord's Day

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    AIC,
    Once again I am glad you were able to enjoy this section of the book posted.It is exactly the view I am presenting.Maybe I am not as clear as I would like to be.

I recommend this book to all christians,for them self and their children.It is one of the best books you will buy this year. It is Christ centered,and full of verses ,and commentary. here is a link to the book, you can download it online for only five dollars.....the book is about 15..then shipping comes to about17-18
    http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/a-baptist-catechism-with-commentary/6135589

Here is the church website of the Author, there are several free downloads,and sermons available. The Pastor has been a faithful man of God for over 40 years in the ministry.
    http://www.sgbcsv.org/

AIC, if you buy the book and are in anyway disappointed.....I will buy it from you. You might not agree with everything in it,but I guarantee you will learn much and be challenged.

Again as far as your response....let me say plainly to you...I understand 2 cor 3....although there is still much I need to learn there.

Here is a portion of Hebrews 3 that highlights this truth ;
    See verses 5-6....Moses [ot] was faithful as a servant
    Christ as a Son

Moses[law] gives way to Joshua[grace and law] leading into the promised land.
    The law leads to Christ,Gal 3:24...and
    What was in type is now fulfilled in Christ.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

That could be. Or maybe I misunderstood something you said.

Either way, it appears we are on the same page. :thumbs:

Which means that we have a peacefull, cordial ending to a Baptistboard Baptist theology disagreement! :eek:

ITS A MIRACLE!! ITS A MIRACLE!! ITS A MIRACLE!!

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This conversation is a waste of my time. I have already spoke with legal experts. One does not need to work sunday unless they are an undue hardship (which has to be proven). Regarding the day of worship. Well for me and 99.99% of Christians this is sunday and I have every right to worship on this day.

#63 evangelist6589, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  4. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

It might do you some good to speak with some real legal experts.