1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Love Of God

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Aug 15, 2007.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

This is something I always like to talk about. I thought I would make this room because all of the nonpositive things going on. This is a room of love. I am very sorry for all of the things I have ever said about anyone on the BB. I am very thankful God has loved me. Now let us all come together and talk about Gods good love and what he has done for us. I know this is a debate room so let us debate how good GOD is and his love.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

"God loves whom He chooses. He does not love everybody." A.W. Pink.

:laugh: I am sorry brother, I couldn't resist. I am just playing around...

Great idea for a post. Now for my real comment:

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly." Romans 5:5-6

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" Titus 3:3-5

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren." 1 John 3:16

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." Jude 1:21

"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." 2 Thess 3:5

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen." 2 Cor 13:14

3. charles_creech78

Thank you God this room is for you and your glorie. I hope and pray that we love each other in they love alway and for ever amen.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I will make a post too Charles and its not about "us", even though "us" is included.

John 3:16
    16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

What a concept, Charles...focusing on God's love brings His children together!

I'm thankful that God loved me enough to let me experience some consequences to my rebellion over the years. But yet He loved me enough to not give me the CONSEQUENCES that my sin ultimately deserves! Ain't His mercy and grace grand!

6. charles_creech78

Ps 66:16 COME AND HEAR, all ye that fear GOD, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. Ps 66:17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. Ps 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the lord will not hear me: Ps 66:19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of MY PRAYER. Ps 66:20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. Blessed be thy name Lord forevere and always. Bless be the name of our God who gives us stranght in do time who makes the weak his people and loves them that love him. He will be are trust. He will be are stranght. the lord openeth my eyes to another day every step I take it is directed for him. I find myself when I am on my knees and his will more clearly. I crie I can't go on Lord I just can't go on. I fill alone Lord .But thou so good and kind help me to my feet and my heart in me nearly faints. I open my mouth and my heart rejoices in thee. Please don't leave me Lord. Forgive me Lord have mercie on my soul. If I don't make it home Lord bless my family. I just ever wanted they will to be done. If you find me in my grave let it be in peace with you and all man kind. To the glorie of God and his will I take this travel. amen.

#6 charles_creech78, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  7. Joe

Joe New Member

Here are a few of my favorite verses :godisgood:

When Jesus was asked which commandment in the law is the greatest?"
    "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. Matthew 22

Matthew 22: 39 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13: 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10 Worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law

1 Cor 13:4-7 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Thank you Charles for this thread

Joe

8. charles_creech78

No please don't thank me thank God. Give him the glorie for it. With out him I can do nothing brother.

9. charles_creech78

Ps 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. ps 40:3 And he hath put a NEW SONG IN MY MOUTH, EVEN PRAISE UNTO GOD: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I am thankful that today was the first day of school and that for this one day ALL the kids pretty much collectively focus on the wonder of God's love!

I used Col 1:15-17 for our opening devotion with the 8th graders. He is before us and holds us together. We discussed how our work and our athletics and our friendships need to honor and glorify HIM and that the word OUR really needs to come out of the common vocabulary because they are HIS, not our's at all.

I praise God the Creator the he loved us enough to send his Son!
    I praise God that he loves us enough to sustain us when we are tired.
    I praise God for the opportunity to teach and learn and share.

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Col. 3:12-17

Put on then as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humilty, meekess, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other, as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must forgive.

And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."—1 John 4:10.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you say you love someone and do not show it, then it is not the real love. Love is something you can feel, not just mere words. So many say "I love you", but you have never seen any action to show that to be true. God said to love your enemies and even the world loves its own. Therefore if you just love your own, you have not fulfilled what God has commanded. Little children love one another as I have loved you. If you say "I love you" but will not talk to you again, then the sound is hollow. I have seen brothers in church who refused to shake each other's hand, do you think God was in that? God's true love is to practice what you preach. but thats just me.

#13 Brother Bob, Aug 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have seen this too Brother Bob.
    And you know that even though we have our disagreement, I would be happy to shake your hand if I ever saw you in person.
    I really mean that.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The same goes here Bro. Dale-c, I like a good strong debate. I don't think if we can not stand the heat, we should not be in the kitchen. Of course, it has went too far at times, but neve drove us apart.

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The best way we can demonstrate God's love to us, is to demonstrate our love to our fellow human beings, IMO.

17. charles_creech78

Thank you lord for another pretty day. Thank you for your love and kindness that you have given me and my family Thank you for my brothers and sisters on the BB and I pray that you keep all of us in they loving grace forever amen.

18. charles_creech78

Thank you God for all that you have done. the days is past and gone but I thank you for it. Lord watch over me and my family tonight. Watch over me throught another dark night Lord. If tomarrow don't come for me take care of my family. Let this room be for you Lord and for your glorie. If I do not awake let me find peace with you and all man kind. I thank you lord and I pray they will is done alway in my life and I ask this all in the name of Jesus Christ and amen.

19. charles_creech78

Thank you Lord for another day. Blessed is they name Lord for ever and always.thank you for this pretty day again Lord. Thank you for watching over me another night.Thank you for my family Lord. You are so kind and I thank you.

20. booklady

booklady New Member

The Love of God
    by Frederick J. Lehman, 1917

The love of God is greater far
    Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
    It goes beyond the highest star,
    And reaches to the lowest hell;
    The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
    God gave His Son to win;
    His erring child He reconciled,
    And pardoned from his sin.