1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Many Insurmountable Difficulties of Futurism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

DHK wrote:
    According to Futurist doctrine the ‘secret’ Rapture occurs at Rev. 4:1.

Thus, the Great Tribulation is signified in the subsequent chapters of Revelation.

But it is impossible there are no Christians who go through Great Tribulation, for Scripture declares:

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb……

…….And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Those who came out of Great Tribulation were the saved from all nations, kindreds, peoples and tongues.

A multitude so great no man could number them.

These are they who did not follow the Antichrist.

Therefore, not all the world followed Antichrist.

DHK wrote:
    In order for one to become a Christian regeneration must take place.

Man must be born of the Spirit. Otherwise he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

In order for regeneration to take place the Holy Spirit must be present in the world.

The multitudes of saints seen by John were in the Kingdom of God.

Therefore, they were all born of the Spirit.

Therefore, the Holy Spirit was not taken out of the world.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment……………. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.

It is impossible to discern one’s sin and the judgment it deserves without the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Likewise, it is impossible to believe one’s need of Christ’s perfect righteousness that the wrath of a holy God might be appeased without the gift of faith wrought in regeneration.

The saints seen by John in Heaven were all convicted of sin, righteousness and judgment.

It is impossible to be a Christian without such conviction.

It is impossible to believe these truths without the guidance of the Spirit of truth.

Therefore, the Holy Spirit was not taken out of the world.

Furthermore, the Holy Spirit is not a ‘what.’

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

The Holy Spirit is a person….a ‘who.’

The ‘what’ was referring to the pagan Roman Empire which must be taken out of the way before the ‘holy’ Roman Papal Empire could be erected.

The 'he' was referring to the pagan Roman Emperor in whose stead the Bishop of Rome would sit.

And lastly, why on earth would Paul speak so secretively if the restrainer was the Holy Spirit?

For in verse 13 Paul openly names the Holy Spirit as the sanctifier.