1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The meaning.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this meme on FB

What do you think that the author is trying to convey?

upload_2021-8-28_15-50-16.png

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He’s is saying Christians are criminals that get away with robbery by pretending to believe the gospel.

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this were coming from a professing Christian:
    I would say that they were expressing the fact that there are many people , especially nowadays, who preach and teach the Bible and claim to be Christians,
    but extort money from their audiences through all sorts of emotional manipulation.

If so,
    I see this all the time on certain television stations and hear it all the time on certain radio programs;
    More and more each day since I first came to Christ in 1978 and as the decades roll on.:(

I believe that this observation is reinforced in 2 Peter 2 and believers are to watch out for those who demand payment from them for any reason:

" And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."

Moral of the story, IMO...
    God's children are not to "pay taxes" to those whom the Holy Spirit puts into positions of serving the rest of the body, with what is commanded by God to be humility, wisdom and self-sacrifice;

But if this is coming from someone who is mocking the visible body of all who profess Christ,
    ( especially those who are on those channels and stations that I mentioned ):

Then to me he's saying that it's generally accepted to be a crime to extort money through threat of violence,
    but that to some, it's not a crime to extort money through threat of eternal damnation.

My two cents, worth even less if one does not agree with me.;)

#3 Dave G, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like the old Catholic indulgences but worst.