1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Meanings of 'For'

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Martin Marprelate, Dec 5, 2017.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Look, you obviously do not want to continue this discussion with me and you have invented this excuse so that you won't have to deal with the singular subject that I have placed before you over and over and over and over again and which you have ignored over and over and over again finding every excuse possible not to deal with it. So fine. Convince yourself of whatever strokes your ego. It is a lame excuse because you acknowleged that you viewed Dr. Lewis's video's on this very subject which you admit deal with your view and so you must believe Dr. Lewis is as much as an ignoramous on your view as I am because I am the one who introduced his videos to you rather than you introducing them to me. So your excuses are lame. However, I will drop it.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone had to pay the purchase debt owed to God for breaking His law, and the sinner will experience the wrath of God, so wouldn't Jesus as our sin substitute on the Cross?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    paul stated that he was cursed by God, correct?

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Martin, Jon has convinced himself that I am totally ignorant of his position simply because I claim that his view logically d(not verbally) repudiates the cross.He imagines that I must think down his line of rationale and assert that his view of the cross or else I don't understand his view of the cross. He does not think that I understand his view rejects the cross as the means of retributive justice (and thus that is my basis for charging from my perspective that his view rejects the cross altogether) and that his theory believes the atonement finds its full satisfaction in the active and passive obedience of Christ "apart from the law" and apart from retributive justice or any satisfaction of God's Law in our behalf. That is his delusive thinking about my supposed ignorance of his view.

He refuses to deal with the real issue that exposes his view as a perversion of the cross and that is the true nature of the Law of God in relationship to the moral nature of God. Repeatedly he refuses to enter into a pure biblical based discussion of the Law of God, although I have laid out my position in detail demonstrating it contradicts his whole atonement theory.

So, I am dropping out of this discussion because his only response is "you don't understand my position" and he will not engage the problem of the Law to his position as I have laid it out fully. I hope you have better results with him.

#84 The Biblicist, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know where he says Jesus became a curse for us, but I am not aware of Paul saying that JEsus was cursed by God. Which passage are you referring to?

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think divine justice works in that manner....that someone has to pay God?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has a sin debt obligation owed Him for breaking His law!