1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Mediatorial Kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Covenanter, Nov 24, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You want one verse of scripture that does all that? (Well, except that last part. I think you just made that up. "Reigning with a million souls?"

You want a literal millennium. Start with Revelation 20.

Rev 20:1 I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
    2 He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years,
    3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time.
    4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as didn’t worship the beast nor his image, and didn’t receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
    5 The rest of the dead didn’t live until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

But you will reject all of that because it completely destroys your theory of last things.

And because you reject it out of hand any further discussion will be fruitless.

2. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Seriously why is that literal when the 144,000 sealed are not?

Where do you draw the symbolic line from a book full of symbols?

Not arguing. Asking a valid question.

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who says its not?

I believe metaphors are literal metaphors, and figures of speech are literal figures of speech.

What I don't do is read "horse" and say its a cow!

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, let's get back on topic. This is about the Mediatorial Kingdom, not the Millennium.

• Like Like x 1
  5. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Alright fair enough, if that's how you see it.

Alright I won't derail.

6. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand from your posts that the next Mediatorial Kingdom will be the millennium:

Or do you mean the final state - the NH&NE - presumable after the millennium?

As I do not believe in a future millennium, I believe the present age is a Mediatorial Kingdom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BUT -
    @TCassidy I've reread the whole thread with particular references to your posts.

I can see no Scriptural support for the concept of a Mediatorial Kingdom ruled by -
    but excluding the present Gospel age:
    Are you thereby teaching that the Lord Jesus Christ is not presently a member of the human race, i.e. is not perfect God & perfect man in one, perfect being, one person? Whatever happened to the hypostatic union?

What John said against partial preterism applies against the way TC is teaching the MK -
    Note the present tense in this Scripture & others concerning Christ's office as mediator:

1 Tim. 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Heb. 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
    24 For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

I submit that the way you are teaching the doctrine of the MK is in serious error, violating the Scriptural doctrine of the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The way the MK is presented is an invented doctrine (Ecc. 7:29) attempting to support a future millennial MK.

8. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I look forward to your further replies & contributions.

9. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You introduce a new doctrine that is is a novelty even to lifetime Bible readers, a doctrine that excludes the present Gospel age of our Saviour & Mediator, King Jesus.

Now you say, on another thread:

• Winner Winner x 2