1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Millions Who Never Had a Choice

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What revelation was available to save Adam and his family?

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

No problem brother.

As for the OP the tenets of Arminianism are well known just as are those of so-called Calvinism. It is apparent not all have heard, an issue we do not completely understand this side. It is a fact some have died throughout history never hearing the Gospel. We should be thankful that we have heard, and as Psalm 56:13 shows, realize why he rescued us, as the last half of the passage given relates.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not post anything I would not let my children read , nor my Pastor, nor my congregation that I attend. In fact they have access to this board. Not sure what you are finding offensive in my post. Maybe give an example, you say the last 25, I don't see anything personal.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    prove that anyone has died and never eaten okra

prove that anyone has died that had not spoken with space aliens

prove that anyone has died and not heard about spiderman

• Like Like x 1
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The answer to the OP lies in the definition of "the Gospel". What gospel did the Israelites have while wondering in the desert? What gospel did Adam and his family have?

6. Internet Theologian

That's hilarious and just as valid (invalid?) as his statement!!! Circular reasoning and/or affirming the consequent fallacy, his adding nothing to the thread other than being snide.

But I am awaiting an answer to the OP from non-cals/Arminians. Not all have heard, that is a fact.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This wasn't directed at you. It puled your quote by mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have judged rightly sir!
    It is a waste of a post...it does not add anything constructive.....it offers no answer at all.....and yet- we will see it again and again.

It is like when a small child closes their eyes and thinks they are invisible to others...lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Internet Theologian

OK brother. I apologize for what I said. Have a good day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes.....a clear insight. If someone repeats a lie over and over....does it then become a truth?

If a person does not scripturally answer a calvinist...but calls them a name...is that to be considered an answer?

• Like Like x 1
  11. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was hoping that the Arminians would be able to make the connection from my OP that very thing they complain most violently about concerning Calvinism is how a loving God would only save some and not others.

If you haven't seen that yet, I'm saying: Your theology has the very same issue.

God has placed people in time and location that He know would never hear the gospel. He chose for some to hear, and He chose for some not to hear. Not a few people - billions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worries.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What gospel did Adam and his family have?

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [QUOTE="InTheLight,

Let's look ITL;

1]they are sinners

2]and have rejected the gospel

3]or never heard of it

This is no different from Calvinistic teaching at all.

God does not have feelings or passions like men do. So...why this caricature?
    Sin prevents men even if they hear the gospel physically, from welcoming it.
    God has not purposed to save all from among fallen mankind. He has purposed to save a multitude IN his Son.
    All men sinned and died in Adam and were condemned.

From that mass of fallen humanity....God in Holy love , wisdom and righteousness Has purposed to save all he can wisely save. Not one of them will be lost. The better question might be....do you believe the God of all the earth will do right? gen 18;25

When he determined who to save and by what means....did He not do what was perfect in every way?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Gen 3:15

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok, so when Adam heard this, he then was saved? And what about Adam's family? Are you assuming Adam told this to his family and then they were saved? Did Adam just tell Abel but not Cain?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Everyone go ahead and take some time to mull this over and then give an answer. This pertains directly to the OP's premise that millions have had no gospel at all given to them. Icon presented Gen 3:15 without any explanation of how the hearing of these words alone saved Adam or his family. Did Cain and Abel hear these words? Hebrews states the Israelites had the gospel preached to them in the desert. Is this found in the OT? Where? So we have to define what the "gospel" is to each generation from Adam to present. Is it exactly the same throughout from the beginning of Creation? We are stuck so much in the present when we speak of the gospel, the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Adam never heard of this gospel. Cornelius never heard of this gospel. So let's define the gospel which saves from Adam to now!

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Internet Theologian has said, the OP is question begging. Arminians (or non-Cals) do not violently complain that God only saves some.

Well, frankly I'm not seeing the issue. You are (apparently) admitting there is an issue with your theology and want to transfer that problem onto other's theology. Your analogy that people go to Hell because "God is saving some but not others" is NOT the same as "people aren't being saved because they haven't heard the gospel". It is a false analogy. It's simply not the same thing.

I take it that is your attempt at sarcasm.

Your so-called problem for non-Cals--how do they reconcile the idea that while people have free will, millions are not able to exercise that free will, is not a problem. Consider:

Suppose I posit that tax cuts spur economic growth. You object to that idea by asking me to reconcile the inconsistency in the fact that for thousands of years, and even right up until today millions of people have never had a central government to carry out such a policy, therefore, in your mind, tax cuts don't spur economic growth.

Or, the ratio of the circumference of a circle and its diameter is a number called pi. This discovery was one of the foundations in the advancement of mathematics and by extension, inventions and technology. Reconcile the inconsistency that untold millions of people throughout history and even up to today don't know what the number pi is or what it represents. Therefore, according to your argument, pi must not exist.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Steaver,

We are not told in detail everything that was said to Adam and Eve with all those things that pertain to redemptive history but one thing we see from the early chapters in Genesis after Cain killed Abel when Eve conceived in the Genesis 4:26 she says God has appointed me another seed so we have the indication that they will looking for the promised seed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Could be. So is this the gospel at that time for them to believe? They certainly new nothing of Jesus Christ crucified and raised again, which is what we generally think of when we hear "gospel". Also, Hebrews points to the Israelites as having been preached the gospel in the desert. Where is this recorded in the OT? Or isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.