1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The minimum wage hike has driven the wages of teen employees down to $0.00.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

They certainly do double the load on other employees. They hire fewer people, give fewer hours, and want the employees to produce even more to make up for it. In the real world that is.
    And in the real world, cost of goods, food, goes up also. So in the long run the employees on minimum wage is no better off then before the raise.
    And, yes, many many families are living on minimum wage.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Teenagers could work for half that.

3. Spear

Spear New Member

What does that laconic comment mean ? Because just because you're you, YOU know what you're talking about more than me ? You'll admit that it's a bit " light " for such an answer, no ?

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spear, your comments make it abundantly clear that you really have no idea how the economy works over here.

This is no reflection on your intelligence, but simply that you are making strong comments on a topic you know little about, or, your command of English is not up to a discussion of this topic.

No offense intended, so take this for what you feel it's worth!!

5. Spear

Spear New Member

Ok, thanks for the information. I'm probably in both cases, don't know what i'm talking about, and don't know english enough for sophisticated subjects (I'm not ironic, i just put myself in question).

6. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Gee, I guess, I already said this.....unless I'm only partially getting..........

7. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

You know enough English, and you know it. What you are suprised about is the number of people who know you are full of it. Sort of like Obama.
    Sort of like,...
    "I don't know english enough for sophisticated subjects (I'm not ironic, i just put myself in know about."
    But you seem to keep up enough to come into the political room and make a comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.