1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Moon Is Awesome!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Sherrie, May 15, 2003.

1. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Anyone watching. It is right over my house, and it is in full detail. So awesome. 10:40 CST the moon is in the middle of the eclipse.

Sherrie

Azimuth 143.7 Altitude 25.0

2. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is partly cloudy and blocking my view. Will have to watch ER for excitement instead! :mad:

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Maybe you can catch it on the news.

It is totally gone now. It was a really awesome show. The clouds were not over it at all here.

Sherrie

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

6. preacher

preacher New Member

I caught the end of it & it was great! Looked like a spotlight on the side of the moon. It was so good I discovered a couple of cows that had escaped their enclosures & come over to my back yard to get a better view!! :D

7. Watchman

Watchman New Member

I never cease to be amazed at all of the wonders of God's creation!
    A tribute to the Creator!

8. Larry in Tennessee

Larry in Tennessee New Member

Sadly, the clouds blocked my view. I love to watch things like this. How can anyone look at something so awsome, and not realize that God is?

9. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

So true Larry.

Preacher....The sky was so clear and sharp last night in my area, that I am more than sure I saw those cows too. [​IMG]

We usually do not get to see anything, so I am so glad we got to see this.

My favorite part was when the moon was totally covered with darkness except the very left tip of it. It was so bright and just twinkled brilliant.

Well I loved when the Moon kept rising up into the sky about 8:00. The sky behind it was on fire with brightness. It was just huge.

And later in the evening, I think that was the largest I ever seen the moon, and just so full of brightness.

As the darkness covered it, it went from brilliant white, to yellow behind the dark.

As the moon disappeared behind the darkness, I looked around. And It was in awesome again. (We live in the country, rural town, so no bright lights)

We were in darkness, and it felt strange. I could not see my lawn furniture over at a distant from me. And I thought about the Lord, and being in the light, and being in the darkness.

God Bless
    Sherrie

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It was cloudy here too, Larry, and we weren't able to see the eclipse. I had the telescope ready. We live in the country too but in a new subdivision. There are no street lights and our house is on a hill... but, alas, too many thick clouds!

Diane

11. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Cloudy and rainy all last night - over night - and this morning in upstate NY.

Didn't see a thing - but have seen them in the past.

12. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I missed it. And I think I was probably the one talking about it the most yesterday. Oh well...

I told my husband about it, and he and the kids went outside to look...I was getting my shoes on. Well, they came back in and said "Nope, you can't see anything" So I never went outside.

I did however see it on the news. Not nearly the same I know.

Wasn't it cool how the moon got so bright after? It was like daylight outside almost...or like I left the portch light on.

You think since this lunar eclipse is over that people will return to sanity once again around here?

Laurenda

13. RomOne16

RomOne16 New Member

Our whole family stood in the front yard watching it for about an hour. It was awesome. At one point, it had a red tint to it. My kids called all their friends to make sure they all saw it too. [​IMG] Especially my 11 yr old daughter. Seemed like she called her whole school class.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Couldn't see a thing out here! I was disappointed. It did look brighter outside a little after, but that was it. :(
    Gina