1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the movie "Enchanted"

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by TaterTot, Nov 22, 2007.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We are considering taking our girls to see this movie tomorrow afternoon. I noticed that it is PG and I am wondering if anyone has seen it or may know why the PG rating.

Thanks,

Tater

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I looked it up on a movie theater site from around here and it said it was PG for some scary images and mild inneundo

Not really sure what that means, but maybe it will help.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We went to see it tonight and I didn't see anything wrong with it, but my children are grown.

I thought it was wonderful, but probably scary at points.

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Thanks yall. Based on the reviews and what yall have said, I think we can handle it. Thanks!

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Plugged in Online is a great site to see information on movies as is www.kids-in-mind.com I always check out the deal on these sites before we take the kids to see the movie and they've never been wrong.

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We went to see the movie and it was great. And they all lived happily ever after.....(siiiigh)

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Thanks TaterTot :wavey: ....I am look forward to seeing it.

9. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

SF Gate usually nails it on their reviews and suprise me every time on them!

The Christian Answers Network lets non-critics like us review the movie individually; and they review everything

I would also recommend Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, which only sounds corney, but the movie actually uses all its special effects to tell the story! Also rearely found in theatres is that this childrens movie tackles the serious topic of death and taxes in a very good way (or so I've heard, but don't take my word for it)!

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium and while it was OK, it was very humanistic. Of course, the magic is within you - you just don't know it. It was a cute movie but not one I'm going to be purchasing for the family.

11. Songbird

Songbird New Member

I saw both Enchanted and Mr. Margorium's... this past weekend. Both leave you w/a good feeling....

12. standingfirminChrist

Based on the fact that there are so many suggestive scenes in the movie, I would not recommend it.

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:confused: Are we talking about the same movie here? Seriously, not sure about the "many" scenes to which you are referencing.

I thought it was a great movie, and my daughter loved it. We are definitely adding it to our library when it is available.

14. standingfirminChrist

From kids-in-mind.com :

A woman is showering when a man walks into the room, the woman is nude but a towel moves across her in time to keep the man from seeing; she is then shown wearing nothing but the towel in several scenes (bare arms, shoulders, cleavage and bare legs are visible). We see a cubist sculpture of a nude woman (breasts and buttock are visible, but there's no evident detail). Several women wear low-cut dresses that reveal deep cleavage and bare shoulders. A man is shown wearing a robe without a shirt, his bare chest is shown, and a woman touches his chest and they almost kiss.
    A woman discovers an almost nude woman (she's wrapped in a towel) and a clothed man together, she is jealous and angry and makes a remark about leaving so the man could have "big girl time" with the partially clothed woman.
    A husband and wife kiss several times, a man and a woman kiss and hug, a man kisses a woman three times and then another man kisses her and she kisses him back, and men and women kiss in a few more scenes. A man and a woman hug in a few scenes. A woman kisses a turtle on the cheek and the turtle blushes.
    A woman and a man fall out of a bathroom door onto the floor, and she lands on top of him wearing nothing but a towel (neither is hurt and the man is fully dressed).
    A woman is shown flirting with and speaking seductively to a man several times to get him to do her bidding. A woman falls into a man's lap and they sit very close as they ride off together on horseback with her in his arms.
    A man knocks on a door, another man opens the door and smiles invitingly (implying attraction) and the first man walks away seemingly confused. A man climbs out of a well, men standing around him ask if he too is looking for a woman and he tells them that he is looking for a prince (they seem to understand that he is gay).
    A woman talks about searching for a perfect pair of lips (for a prince replica she has built) and tries different items, including a pea pod and a caterpillar.
    A man mentions that he and a woman he just met will be married in the morning. Kissing and "true love's kiss" is referred to many times throughout the movie. A girl tells a woman that she shouldn't wear too much makeup, that "boys will get the wrong idea" and that "they are only after one thing"; she then says that she doesn't know what that "thing" is. Men and women dance together at a ball. A man tells his young daughter that he is going to re-marry and she has reservations about having a "stepmother.

According to those reviews, there are many suggestive scenes throughout the movie.

#14 standingfirminChrist, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

A husband kissing a wife! Men and women dancing together!!! HEAVENS NO!!!!

Forbid our kids get the idea of normal affection in a story. I guess you'd like it better if the men danced with men. :laugh:

16. standingfirminChrist

I bolded the parts that I agree with as being suggestive. The others, some parents do want to shield their children from.

I know when I was growing up, I was forbidden from watching any shows on tv that showed kissing, or even hugging.

I see no problem with a man and his wife hugging or kissing to an extent, but if it becomes evident that either is becoming too passionate, it should be between them, not for the whole world to see.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

SFIC - The KIM site is REALLY detailed. Honestly - look at a movie you have seen and like to see what it's detailed rating is. You'll be surprised. LOL

18. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:laugh: Did the reviewer actually watch the movie or skim through to find only these parts. For anyone who knows fairytales this movie referenced most of them. "True love's kiss" references Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. The towel around Giselle, (the princess in the movie), was taken directly from Cinderella, and for seeing skin you see her from just above the knee, and I've seen more cleavage from a low cut shirt/dress than that towel. There was nothing to the 1st and 2nd highlighted scene than the girlfriend, almost fiance, finding a strange woman in a towel in his apartment at the exact moment they fall, (because of birds nonetheless, or maybe it was the cleaning roaches). There was nothing suggestive to the scene at all, unless you count her insinuation, which I don't.

The third highlighted scene I find almost comical. There was nothing seductive about it. The evil stepmother/queen told the guy that if they succeeded in getting rid of Giselle they could finally be together. You have to stretch rather far for seductiveness, and I highly doubt kids would see it that way.

The last highlighted scene was not suggestive at all, and I cannot even begin to fathom what the reviewer was thinking. First these NYC sewer workers find a woman in a very large white wedding dress/ball gown crawling out of a man hole who proceeds to ask them about where to find the castle and the prince. Then the prince comes through the same man-hole the next day, addresses them all as peasants, and holds a sword to one of them as he proceeds to ask about his bride. The very next person through the man-hole proceeds to ask them frantically about the prince. Given the situation they thought ALL of them were queer, but not in the gay sense. The one guy even makes sure that he was not the only one who saw them.

19. standingfirminChrist

You wouldn't see anything wrong with it, FP. I realize that. Just as you saw nothing wrong with the movie 'Crash' when we went back and forth on that one several months back. Regardless of the cursing in practically every other sentence in that movie.

Am beginning to wonder just what movies you would be against.

20. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

There's the good ol' SFIC that we all know and love. When all other arguments fail- resort to character assassinations. :rolleyes: Sorry, I have better things to do with my time. I'm out....

#20 Filmproducer, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007