1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

the movie "Enchanted"

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by TaterTot, Nov 22, 2007.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

SFIC - Did you choose a movie you liked? Seriously - that site is REALLY aggressive on what they report.

2. standingfirminChrist

annsni,

I am selective when it comes to movies. And yes, I do check them out with not just kids-in-mind, but with other critics as well.

I agree that kim goes overboard on many of their ratings, but one must realize there are some parents who will not allow their young children to see many of the things that other's parents do allow.

3. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

You realize God was the one who assinated our characters in the first place. So that some would come out of movies like Enchanted craving to go into a strip clib because of it and others would just see is as Disney's answer to "Shrek." A Christian may give in to the temptaion to join MS-13 'cause he saw "Crash," or similar to worse movies... I can't see any reason why God would give humans variable "maturity levels" though he see's us all as children...in fact maturity is something only we came up with...I'm not sure if God approves of the current system or not....either way Christians have yet to practice what Paul was preaching about "sacrificing for a weaker member..." by weak he means dangeruous! Christians put these other brothers who'se boundaries were set there so they wouldn't endanger theirs and other people's lives; at an extreme risk, far beyond losing their faith (or salvation, seeing as you lost that debate)!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I totally understand and that's why I appreciate what they list. But I've learned to "interpret" some of what they've posted about a movie, you know? I can now know what I will allow my teens to see - and what I won't let them see. Honestly, a movie like Enchanted has WAY less than what they see in school - MAN what KIM would list for THAT place. I know that I don't want them to see too much and I'm really careful about what they can see but I also need to be realistic about what they've seen already in real life. It's a shame - I want to shield them even more than I can but they're getting big and my oldest is ready for college next year. I've taught them well and I know they'd have the guts to walk out of a movie if they needed to. I'm at the point of still being able to stop them but having to allow them to begin to stretch their wings. AND there are some things that they can understand that I wouldn't think twice about not allowing my young ones to see. That's what I like about that site - gives me enough information to make an informed decision.

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

....self edited....

I'm done with the whole lot of you. My time is better spent elsewhere, not to mention my sanity.

#25 Filmproducer, Nov 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2007
  6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

gracious :rolleyes: you guys can be brutal. sometimes it make sme thankful for my church and that some of you dont go to it.

Mods, please close my thread.

7. Joe

Joe New Member

If the children are young, keep in mind the previews they show prior to the movie. I believe they can go as far as showing previews for even PG-13 movies.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

They can show previews of movies, but the previews themselves must be edited to the standard of the feature film.