1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The mystery of the church age

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by George Antonios, Apr 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, He made alive those who came to Jesus in belief & repentance, calling on Him by name to save them.

Your calvinism is so goofy. If God had already predestinated every soul for heaven or hell despite what that person does, why did Jesus die? Why preach ? Why have Bibles? Why witness if it's not gonna change anyone's destination?

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a person can be saved through general revelation, why did Jesus have to die? Why did God the Father send Jesus to die if it wasn’t necessary.

Did Jesus lie when He said no one comes to the Father but through Him? Shouldn’t He have said no one comes to the Father but through Him or leading a “decent” life according to general revelation?

peace to you

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those Ephesians were saved upon hearing & believing Paul's preaching. They made the choice to believe the Gospel.

If those Ephesians were predestinated, why did Paul preach to them. Why weren't they automatically saved without that preaching?
    Again, calvinism is phony as a $3 bill. You're having too much fun tiptoeing thru the TULIP to see that.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only pointed out what GOD said in His written word, not my own idea.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You do not want to see. That's okay...maybe another time.
    Using a dispensational excuse changes nothing. Even if you want to say it was only Israel....THE SHEEP BELONGED TO JESUS BEFORE HE SEEKS AND SAVES THEM. YOU CAN SEE IT OR NOT SEE IT THAT IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD.

6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.

The lost sheep already belonged to HIM.

my flock became a prey
    my flock became meat
    there was no shepherd,
    neither did my shepherds search for my flock

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep.

Now you can deny the truth of eph 2, and Acts 2 if you want to , but I believe the Christian Isreal is made up of one new man.jew and gentile
    30 Thus shall they know that I the Lord their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord God.

31 And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord God.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1cor2:14

7. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your own “ideas” are not found in scripture.

Scripture does not say anyone is saved through general revelation, as you said. It says the opposite. None are saved through it, all reject it, it only condemns so that all are without excuse.

Scripture does not say there is a two tier judgement where those who never hear the gospel are considered righteous according to how “decent” a life they lived but those who hear the gospel are judged by whether they accept it or not.

Peace to you

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Re: John 16:8-11.
    So then ". . . And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. . . ." Is to be understood only upon saved world those who are already saved?
    I do not understand your argument. Please clearify what you mean regarding John 16:8-11 as "says nothing about coming upon an unsaved person."

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

This thread is closed

Feel free to start a new thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.