1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Nation: For The Tea Party, Maybe It's Magic

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 13, 2011.

1. targus

targus New Member

Changed my mind about that particular post and went back and deleted it and replaced it with "Changed my mind".

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

For the record. Ron Paul has been answering the hard questions and offering real solutions for years. Maybe y'all missed them because of the noise coming from all the corporatist candidates and the corporate mass media. Here's a helpful hint. Next time you are watching a presidential debate when Ron Paul speaks . . .

TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!

Evidently our military can hear him loud and clear. So why can't you?

#42 poncho, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
  3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Uh oh. The military-industrial complex is supporting Paul??!!

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No just those who are in the military, you know like soldiers and sailors and such. The folks who are doing the actual killing and dying. Not the folks raking in the obscene cash rewards.

You should have maybe read the article before posting what looks for all the world to be meaningless gibberish NS. :smilewinkgrin:

#44 poncho, Sep 13, 2011
  5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey There CTB, How's About A Cold...

...Glass of iced tea? My treat! :laugh: Denny's of Ihop? You make the call, and like a friend, I'll be there and pick up the bill.

#45 righteousdude2, Sep 13, 2011
  6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I did. The article talked about Paul receiving donations from people who work for the military.
    Quote - "The Center for Responsive Politics says $11,350 of Paul's military donations come from people who work for the Army."

#46 NiteShift, Sep 13, 2011
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The modern tea party.

Neocons against government waste. What a sick joke.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Here's the part of the article I was talking about.

Out-raises all candidates from both parties

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Today, it was confirmed that the campaign of 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has raised more than any other current presidential candidate in donations from members of the military. Of those donors who indicated their occupation and employer, Paul topped the other contenders, a distinction he also achieved during his 2008 presidential run.

“Our fighting men and women take an oath to protect America, defend our Constitution and defend our borders,” said Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Chairman, Jesse Benton. “They look at Ron Paul and see a leader who takes their oath seriously, and who will fight to ensure that we don’t misrepresent that oath by sending them off to police the world, instead of defending our country.”

I found it by left clicking on the blue words in the second paragraph. That's known as a "link". Links are cool! Click on this one and you can see some neat pie charts!

"Members of the military" means soldiers and sailors and such, right? The MIC doesn't work for the military. If anything the MIC gives the military it's marching orders. Endless wars = Endless profits.

#48 poncho, Sep 13, 2011
  9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Yeah I know you're real clever.

In past campaigns when candidates other than Paul were getting more military donations, we heard all about how Paul was the only one willing to stand up to The Military Industrial Complex. Paulites can't use that flimsy argument anymore can they.

10. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Ron Paul is the only candidate that seems to understand the immorality of sending Reservists to the front of the battle under the "Total Force" concept.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Who were these candidates getting more donations from the military than Paul? And when did this all take place?

Ron Paul was standing up to alot of things long before it became fashionable for others. Things like the Federal Reserve. Now it seems everyone is jumping on that bandwagon to one limited degree or another. Why, Because they know it's the right thing to do for the country? No I rather think it's because they know it's the only way they can hope to maintain some shred of credibility with a public that is growing ever more aware of the criminal nature of it.

#51 poncho, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011