1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The nature of Quickening

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Precisely what I was attempting to express concerning these definitions by Skandelon. They are "half-truths."

2. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

What I have found over and over again is that Arminians cannot deal with scriptures by sound rules of interpretation and so they always flee when cornered by scriptural facts to philosophical arguments and historical theology.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Well said! :thumbs:

Let him who has ears to hear be so edified. :)

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find Calvinist typically can’t follow or deal with a logical thought to its conclusion concerning their supposed rules of scriptural interpretations and when cornered in defense always flee to that they follow the Bible while disclaiming any philosophically reasoning from which they derive their interpretations. IOWs they reason that their systematic theology is void of reasoning and just refer it as scriptural facts. [​IMG]

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

First, the rules of heremeneutics was not written by Calvinists but are based upon common sense rules. I have yet to find one Arminian on this forum that has not violated basic common sense rules of hermeneutics or ignored basic Greek grammar.

Philosophy is as diverse and confusing as is historical theology. The Bible explciitly warns agaisnt philsophical reasonings. Arminans cannot base their teachings upon sound principles of hermentics. Not one on this forum has been able to do that. They get cornered and flee to philsophical reasonings i order to overturn sound Biblcial exegesis.

This has occurred with John 6:64-65 which is pivotal to properly understanding and interpreting John 6:44-45 and John 12:32. This has occurred with Romans 8:8-9. This was just recently demonstrated with Jeremiah 9:24 and Romans 5:12-14; Rev. 3:20-21 and etc.[/QUOTE]

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [/QUOTE]

yes.....you have seen through this foolishness again.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

indeed:laugh::laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.