1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Nature of Repentance

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 15, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mont

I agree !

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Thanks.

Now, the typical Arminian argument in response is that Calvinists teach an easy believism or deny man's responsibility. However, nothing can be further from the truth. God calls us to be holy as He is holy. The difference is we rely on God to enable that obedience.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You spoke of repenting and works, and I spoke of REPENTING and WORKS and you do not understand what I am talking about in light of what you posted?

4. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Who is Arminian here that you are speaking? If you are referring to me, then please stop.

GOD SAID THIS TO PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED IN HIM. GOD DID NOT SAY HE WOULD CAUSE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN HIM. STOP ADDING TO GOD’S WORD.

GOD SAID THIS TO PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED IN HIM. GOD DID NOT SAY HE WOULD CAUSE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE IN HIM. STOP ADDING TO GOD’S WORD.

God knows our hearts, even before we are born! See Acts 15:8.

We are predestined to HAVE ACCESS to the Lord through FAITH. See Romans 5:1-2.

The lost sheep of Israel are those people who BELIEVED in God and loved Him BEFORE Jesus’ ministry on earth. All the other Jews who did not love God were hardened and not allowed to hear Jesus and believe.
    Give up your false doctrine; believe only on the Word of God!

#24 Moriah, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Since you falsely accuse non-Calvinists of robbing God of His sovereignty, I want you to read this and then tell me EXACTLY how I do that---
    God sent people to tell His message. The message came to me. My Master said to do this and do that; I did as my Master said. So how does that take away God’s sovereignty!
    Start thinking for yourself and stop only repeating what your leaders such as Paul Washer tells you.

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I simply posted clear passages of Scripture. You chose to ignore it and deny it. Arminian theology is what you are speaking, whether you know it or not and whether you accept it or not. You can rant against labels all you want. That does not make them less accurate.

As for Paul Washer? I have seen one of his videos a couple years ago. He was on the ball.

What robs God of His sovreignty is making repentance and salvation a work of man. Scripture is clear that these are gifts, things granted by God. Scripture is also clear that no one comes to the Father except those who are called.

Your argument is with God, not me. The message you claim is from your Master is not the whole truth of God's Word. It is not an accurate teaching of the Gospel. It denies His sovereignty by denying the work He must do in the hearts of the people He has chosen. The chosen were chosen before the foundation of the world.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

EXPLAIN NOW where God SAYS in those passages that He causes people to believe! Show it now or stop lying! God gives His Spirit to those who believe in Him, and His Spirit helps us obey. Again, show me where God says He causes people to believe, show now, or stop lying.

Keep your sins to yourself! You call yourself a Calvinist, so I call you a Calvinist; however, I do not sin in that way, for it is sin to say we follow mere men. As for Arminians, they believe like Calvinists, that God causes them to believe, so you can go get more educated about what you speak.

You merely repeat what he says, not thinking for yourself.

Even demons believe there is One God. You have explained nothing here. I would not know what faith was if Jesus had not come. However, NOWHERE in the scriptures does it say we are given the Holy Spirit to cause us to believe! STOP ADDING TO GOD’S WORD.

You ADD to God's word, thus nullifying God's word, and that is what Jesus says! You have no ideas what you are talking about, because you do not love God’s Word, you chose John Calvin’s words over God. Show me one scripture that says God gives us His Spirit to cause us to believe. You cannot show that because you traded God's Truth for the lies of men.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

8. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

You ignore what was clearly posted from Scripture. Also, I never said I was a Calvinist. I have a deep love for the Word of God. I teach it and preach it regularly.

I pray that God will give you understanding. For Scripture tells us it comes from Him, according to Dan 2:21, 2 Tim 2:7 and 1 John 5:20

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

SHOW ME or stop lying. SHOW me where God says He causes all to believe. You believe in man’s assumptions. Calvin assumes God means something, which is adding to God’s word. I see whom it is that I am speaking to, since you do not understand “show me.”

You stand up for those lies, so whom else might I think you belong?

God has given me understanding. I understand and know God, the LORD! Jeremiah 9:24. In this, I can boast!
    NOW, explain to me why God would want us to repent before we perish, if God already saved us before the creation of the world!