1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The new Way of the Master million dollar bill

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 26, 2015.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got my first rabbit. :thumbs:

Back to the OP. Folks get lied to all the time. Politicians lie to them, co-workers and customers lie to them, celebrities lie and newscasters lie to them. Why in the name of Sam Hill would a Christian evangelist jump on the deception bandwagon?

It is deceptive to pander to the baser human instinct. Why use greed as a stepping stone to delivering the Gospel? If greed is acceptable then why not use scantly clad women? Why not use free weed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It does look awesome. Cant wait to get mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a way to start the day!:thumbs:

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post. I wonder if those million dollar bill tracts have hindered the spread of the Gospel more than they have helped because of that 'gotcha' element.

Then there are the slugs who will think that they are clever by leaving them as tips at restaurants...

And congratulations on the Rabbit Award.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#25 Rolfe, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rabbit for breakfast! Yum.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the discussion continues on tactics used to spread the Gospel. Two notable preachers we've discussed before - Mr. Wesley and Mr. Whitefield just found an ear that would hear and began to preach. Certainly they used tracts but not full colored cartoons or fake money. They used words. Lots of words including big words.

The Good Book says the love of money is the root of evil. Why would you use something so closely attached to evil in the form of greed as a hook? The Word is powerful enough to stand on its own. It doesn't need to be propped up by games.

Both Mr Wesly and Whitefield would agree that the Holy Spirit is active in the convincing and convicting of sinners. That is a genuine draw not flashy and deceptive like fake money. An improved version of a flawed idea is just as flawed as the original.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I know, the largest denomination paper currency issued was a $10,000 bill. Furthermore, Ben Franklin is on the $100 bill. So two deceptions right from the get-go.

Why not combine the concepts? Put the $1M tract inside a zip-loc bag with a small quantity of oregano in it and have scantily clad women hand them out when people exit nightclubs in seedy neighborhoods.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oddly enough, I was just considering posting about almost the same thing; mine, however, was about designing a tract with a Playboy bunny shadow on the front. THAT would get people to open it up, wouldn't it?

(by the way: please, everyone, do NOT take this as an invitation to start posting Playboy bunny shadow pictures in response to Evan's "bunny" remarks....)

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (s h u d d e r)

11. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Up to this point, today had been a pretty cruddy day, but I have to admit that this, for some reason, gave me a pretty good laugh.

Thanks, I needed that.

:)