1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Nineteenth Amendment

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1.) More women showed up at the polls than men. Whose fault is that?
    2.) There's no evidence that the men who didn't show up to vote were pro-Romney.
    3.) A large number of women did not vote for Obama, so to use that as a way to criticize allowing women to vote is very strange - unless you have a problem with women in general.

Isaiah's prophecy of judgement was specifically written to Jerusalem and Judah, not to the U.S., and it was about how the young will oppress the old.

A friend of mine who thinks it would be great to mix church and state came to me at church on the Sunday just before the election, urging me to vote for "biblical values" for President. I asked, which candidate did he want me to vote for, "the cultist or the Christian?"

He got flustered and repeated that I needed to vote for "biblical values." I asked, "biblical values like taking care of the poor?"

I told him I was planning to vote for the cultist, but neither major party can claim the mantle of "biblical values."

Both parties need serious reformation.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The men. It is also the fault of the men that women showed up at all.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel very sad for you.