1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The North Carolina Way

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Nov 1, 2018.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh! For the old North Carolina / Virginia Pentecostal Holiness! Whose worship was accompanied with....

1. Joy
    2. Shouting
    3. Decency
    4. Love

Here is a short 2-minute clip of times past. One of the reasons we believe in a rapture is because in service it was almost as if the heavens would open and there would be angels above us awaiting to take us in!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a student at Clemson about 150 years ago, the Baptist Student Union had a "standing" invite to the Old Folks Home in Six Mile, SC to give a devotion, bible reading and singing etc. We usually went on Wednesday night, and routinely we sang this old song to and from the home.
    Been one of my favorites since; as well as expressing my feelings!!:Thumbsup:Thumbsup

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember leading that song in the Old Line Sovereign Grace Baptist Church I grew up in... That's a great song to get the spirit flowing and foot tapping and get all happy and rejoice in the Lord... And one of these days in the not so distant future... Well... I'm just going to Fly Away!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am afraid, as far as the Pentecostal Holiness are concerned, that the goods came and went with the old War War II generation. The generations that followed were, more times than not, something else!

#4 rockytopva, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018