1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ObamaCare Republicans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rolfe, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The GOP right blows up its best chance to reform government.

House Republicans pulled their health-care bill shortly before a vote on Friday, and for once the media dirge is right about a GOP defeat. This is a major blow to the Trump Presidency, the GOP majority in Congress, and especially to the cause of reforming and limiting government.

The damage is all the more acute because it was self-inflicted. President Trump was right to say on Friday that Democrats provided no help, but Democrats were never going to vote to repeal President Obama’s most important legislation. And that’s no excuse. Republicans have campaigned for more than seven years on repealing and replacing ObamaCare, and they finally have a President ready to sign it. In the clutch they choked.

They blew it. They own this now.

2. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Sometimes it is better to restrict the flow of bags of wind (choke), before getting the engine (legislative intent) running properly. :) Patience. Ideas are one thing, Effecting those ideas is quite another thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and all the Republicans here don't seem to care at all about the poor and needy.

[Mat 25:41-46 KJV] 41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me. 46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The poor in American are far from the hunger and thirsty that Christ spoke about, and regarding the sick, our hospitals do not turn away those needing urgent health care.

The poor, they will be with us always but in American we seem to encourage poverty more than help people to rise out of it.

Rob

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Giving for anything should be a joyful giving. I am not joyful to give to the government for THEM to decide and qualify whom they think it should go to. Are you not an adult who can decide for yourself whom YOU elect to aid and help?

• Agree Agree x 1