1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The "original" Autographs

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Pure Words, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm not a seventh day adventist, and I've never visited the site you listed. My guess is that the site must have copied the text from other sites that I visited. In each of the references I posted, I looked them up in the Greek/Hebrew to make sure the information I listed was accurate.

If you have a disagreement with a specific items or issue I listed, feel free to list it and tell me why you disagree with it.

When did I call you a heretic?

2. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

OK - sorry - I meant that the author of that document (or at least the person who CLAIMED to be on that site) was a Seventh-Day Adventist. I've edited the above message now to take away references to the other parts you didn't quote - I don't suppose it was very fair of me.
    OK - I disagree with your idea that the beast and false prophet are anihilated in the lake of fire.
    The "Church Version" thread (the same one where Ransom kept calling me a memebr of a cult).

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

OK - sorry - I meant that the author of that document (or at least the person who CLAIMED to be on that site) was a Seventh-Day Adventist. I've edited the above message now to take away references to the other parts you didn't quote - I don't suppose it was very fair of me.

No harm done. Thanks much [​IMG]

OK - I disagree with your idea that the beast and false prophet are anihilated in the lake of fire.

Fair enough. The point I was attempting to make was about the verbage & syntax used in the KJV in that verse. I suppose the disposition of the beast and false prophet, and discussion thereabouts, is better left for another thread. Sorry to confuse the issue.

The "Church Version" thread (the same one where Ransom kept calling me a memebr of a cult).

It was my opinion that placing the KJV in a higher position that the texts from which they were translated from is a heretical position. You and I disagree about that. But in all fairness to you, your overall posts indicate that you are a faithful Christian after the heart of God, which should be commended. My apologies to you if my comments inferred that you are anything less than a faithful follwer of Christ.

4. Bartholomew

Bartholomew New Member

Hello John [​IMG]

Thanks very much for the kind words. It's always so much better when we can disagree on this version issue and still behave like Christian brothers (I know I am often guilty in this area). In the words of Jesus (or is that a mistranslation of his name? [​IMG] [​IMG] ),

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (John 13:34&35)

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen, Bartholomew! [​IMG]