1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Particular Mercy of God

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AustinC, Sep 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’” “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

~ Romans 9:15-16,18,25-26

May God bless the reading of His Word.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really do not like it when the truth of your theology is presented to you eh. Just study scripture not calvinism and it will help you see the truth.

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh I realize the debt that I owe to my Lord. But I also realize that He did not just pick out a select few but instead made salvation available to all.Perhaps you have not seen Joh 3:16 but read it as it will help you see the truth. Then you can read Eph 1:13 and Rom 10:14-15.

4. ad finitum

ad finitum Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Do you wonder why God didn't say it the way you just did? If we don't know the answer to that, then we don't actually know what God is saying and we shouldn't pretend that we do.

Also one can observe that this is typical Calvinist analysis which has neglected to respect the context of God's remarks. What is the milieu? Of whom is God speaking? Egyptians? Philistines? Canaanites?

This is not mysterious in the light of Acts 17:26, which points out that God has carefully placed each person in time and geography to "become a people" in due time based upon His foreknowledge of their free will decisions. This is how a people, who formerly were not a people, become a people. Those who were not, become, and the reason is given in that very chapter.

Paul made it clear that all men have the ability to seek God and find God, but not only that. Paul said that all men everywhere are commanded to do just that. And those who choose to obey, as God foreknew, become that people who are spoken of in Hosea.

Calvinist doctrine that teaches to the contrary is nullified in this passage by the Holy Spirit Himself through Paul.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.