1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Party of Brownshirts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

2. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

The Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration wrote that??? I wouldn't call them "brownshirts," but I do agree that the Bush administration is not only the worse administration in my lifetime, it has posed the greatest threat to our liberties and our Constitution.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roberts is given to over-reaction and is practically the poster child for the Bush haters of America.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep a Reaganite is calling it like he see's it.
    Some folks (fortunately only about 30%) seem to be confusing love of country with love of party.

Guess Roberts isn't as enthused with being a poster child for neolib fascism as the 30 percenters are.

#4 poncho, Apr 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Isn't it amazing that neocons like Carpro will throw anyone, even Reagan Republicans to the wolves if they turn against this Bush empire!

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

#6 Petra-O IX, Apr 17, 2007
  7. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beware of (Liberal) WOLVES in (American) SHEEPS Clothing

MY RESPONSE TO ROBERTS AND HIS ILK

Mr. Roberts:

I have admired your insight on a multitude of issues over the years.

I no longer do.

That you could compare the Bush administration to NAZI's is beyond belief -- particularly after living through the Clinton years. Do you even remember Waco? Ruby Ridge?

We are now involved in a WAR with Islamofascism, and apparently you have bought the Democratic line that we have more to fear from George Bush (who by the way CAN'T run again!) than from our REAL enemies. How perverted and sick is that?

Bush won't nuke our cities -- but give Ahmadenijad the chance. Bush won't slaughter our civilians -- but let Hezbollah lose, or the Mahdi army of Al-Sadr, or Osama bin Laden and Al-Queda!

Mr. Roberts, get a clue. And please, don't compare those who share the views of the President on this war to "Brownshirts." That's the very last accusations that come before the REAL "Brownshirts" start rounding people like me up and putting us on trains.

J. Dale Weaver, M. Div.

PS - Should I go ahead and put on a yellow cross, and tell my Zionist Jewish friends to wear a yellow star of David?

8. JDale

JDale Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

You don't have a thing to worry about Dale, as long as you support the gutless wonder President Bush. It's the other 70% of us that need to look behind our backs.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The very first paragraph in this article is pure propaganda. Bush isn't an idiot, but it is to his benefit that people are foolish enough to believe he is. These guys are just running cover for him in a different direction that's all, they haven't turned against him.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Don't be so sure.

Bush supporters don't have habeas corpus or fourth amendment protection neither ya know.

12. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I have to disagree with you on this one Poncho. I think that the well known and respected conservative pundits that have turned on Bush are sincere. They see that he is a danger and a menace to our American way of life. As far as being an idiot , I just think that was venting on the part of MSNBC. I do however believe that Bush is weak in a mental sense and trusts people like Rove and Cheney way too much.

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Yeah. but a Bushbot wouldn't have a clue if he had rights or not, he'd just continue on worshiping at the feet of George Bush anyway.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm amazed the 30 percenters among us can't see how dangerous this group of posers are to America and the rest of the world, but what can you expect from people that can't see anything but the liberal menace? I think if these guys were on the up and up they'd be asking all the neocons why they lied and pumped out streams of propaganda to get congress and the people behind their predetermined overt "regime change" and Pax Americana policy now masquerading as the "war on terror".

#14 poncho, Apr 17, 2007
  15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, I gotta give em some credit where it's due. They have correctly identified the great left wing conspiracy after all, now if we could just get them to see the other half of the tag team working to destroy America for what it really is.

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Well these guys need to keep their day job, it is easier to concede little by little the faults of the Bush Administration than to come out and completely admit all the faults in one fell swoop. And to be quite honest, I think that they were as much bamboozled as the rest of us.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Bush administration doesn't have little faults, they and their mutinational corporate sponsors can run the government like La Cosa Nostra in large part due to guys like these that put job security above securing the republic. Sure, anyone that trusts and fails to verify is easy to bamboosle but these guys have no excuse they have more access to information than us 70 percenters that figured it all out on our own. Some of us figured it out very early on and said so till our fingers hurt.:smilewinkgrin:

#17 poncho, Apr 17, 2007
  18. billwald

billwald New Member

Lincoln started the big slide toward fascism.

19. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

As convenient as it might be to blame Clinton for all the ills of the world, you might want to do a little research about those Waco and Ruby Ridge incidents. While Waco did indeed take place a few months after Clinton was sworn into office for the first time, the Ruby Ridge incident took place on August 21, 1992, while the first President Bush was still in office.

As to Koresh and his followers, sorry, but I have no sympathy with those who fire upon and kill federal agents who were serving a lawful warrant.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It falls to we the people to put a stop to it. Neither party will do it. All we'll get from them is flag waving, emotional speeches and a North American Union.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.