1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The party of evil

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Evil was happy and rejoicing that they wounded Him on the heel, But HE will crush their heads, those evil cursed creatures.

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
    “Because you have done this,
    You are cursed more than all cattle,
    And more than every beast of the field;
    On your belly you shall go,
    And you shall eat dust
    All the days of your life.

15 And I will put enmity
    Between you and the woman,
    And between your seed and her Seed;
    He shall bruise your head,
    And you shall bruise His heel.”

2. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not the point. The point is evil won the day. Who would you have been for?

Just because Biden wins, doesn't mean good wins. Just because God uses it, doesn't mean good wins.

Quantrill

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion is murder as here in US have killed off 65 million babies legally!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  5. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO, Jesus Christ came into this world for the purpose of the cross. so the ONLY winner is the Godhead!

6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    in all 50 states?

7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God won that day. Evil never wins against God.

Acts 2:22-24
    New King James Version
    22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it.

1 Corinthians 2:7-8
    New King James Version
    7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God [a]ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you are being a bit near-sighted. Yes,the Puritans settled the New England colonies of Massachusetts, Conneticut, and New Hampshire. Rhode Island was setedl by Baptists. That's only 3 of the 13 Colonies. You're leaving out
    • Dutch Reformed and Anglicans in New York Colony
    • The Presbyterians in New Jersey.
    • the RCC in Maryland
    • and the Anglicans\Church of England in the rest.
    Also, it wasn't until the end of the French and Indian War aka the Seven Years War, that Westminister really tried to "rule" the Colonies.

• Like Like x 1
  9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion is legalized murder thanks to the Supreme Court, who also ruled in the Dred Scott case that blacks were property. We have to amend the constitution to state that the unborn child is a human being with all human rights. God bless Western Civilization!

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    thanks, my point being that the original 13 Colonies were English. The original USA

11. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Founded by rejects.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not the point. That God will always win is immaterial. God allows the war to play out. There is evil behind certain movements and people. There is distinction between good and evil.

Your quote of (Acts 2:22-24) proves it. "by wicked hands have crucified and slain" There was evil in the movement to crucify Christ. There were evil people in the movement crying 'crucify Him'.

And the Democratic party has become a party of evil. Evil is behind it.

Quantrill

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is not the point. See post #(52).

Quantrill

14. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree democrat party today is the evil party. And evil is behind it, and of course wicked men put Christ to the cross.
    This was the reason Christ came to be a sacrifice for sin, because if He had not been crucified, the way to eternal life with God would not be possible.
    For without the shedding of Blood there is no forgiveness of sin, your sins required the death of Christ.to atone for your sins and bring you into the presence of God to have an eternal life with Them in Heaven.
    God uses evil people and evil creatures to work all things for His purposes, just like with Joseph sold as a slave into Egypt, who saved many from starvation after God caused an extensive famine in the region.

Matthew 16
    21 From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.

22 Then Peter took Him aside and began to rebuke Him, saying, “Far be it from You, Lord; this shall not happen to You!”

23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Mark 10
    41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, “You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. 44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all.

45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”

15. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even though God uses evil men and movements in the world, for His purpose, it doesn't discount that their intentions are nothing but evil. In other words, they are not doing it to further God's will. They are not doing it to promote the good. They are doing it because they are evil and are driven by evil forces.

It was God who set out to destroy Israel by the Assyrians. (Is. 10:5) "O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation."

But the Assyrian wasn't doing it in obedience to God. The Assyrian wasn't doing it because he wanted to further God's will. He was doing it because evil was behind him. He wanted to destroy Israel. (Is. 10:7) "Howbeit he meaneth not so, neither doth his heart think so; but it is in his heart to destroy and cut off nations not a few."

My point here is this. We as believers contend with the evil. What God may do with it is out of our knowledge and control. We contend with the evil. We don't throw up our hands and say, 'well, God's will is going to be done either way, so no need to do anything'.

If it is God's will to bring judgement by using the evil Democratic party, so be it. That doesn't mean I vote Democrat. I vote against them. I vote against evil. I contend with evil.

Quantrill

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion is allowed in all 50 states legally. my comment was that abortion id national genocide being done legally, Hitler would be proud!

18. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do your see the USA playing a major role in end-time prophecy as an advocate for Israel?

19. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. We are unable to pay off our debts. We are just marking time. Trump is trying to save Western Civilization with an alliance of English-speaking nations and other friendly nations. Trouble is that communism and Islam combined are stronger than civilization. The USA now has domestic enemies that are very strong. Also, the intellectuals are mostly domestic enemies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take the spoil? hast thou assembled thy company to take the prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take great spoil?”
    ‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭38:13‬ ‭ASV‬‬

If the young lions are Spain or England, both can be said to have contributed to the birth of America. The point of this passage is that these gentile nations will protest the coming invasion by Gog but will not go beyond protest and will simply observe the invasion.

That means that the USA which has been the greatest safe home for the Jewish people since the diaspora will have to become anti Semitic in the future. A Biden administration could easily it the bill here since he is showing dementia and the radicals of his party would have no problem with an Iranian/Russian invasion.

I pray God’s will be done and will not be taken by surprise either way, Trump or Biden.

Joy unspeakable full of glory

• Informative Informative x 1