1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The pope's taste in art

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by SolaScriptura in 2003, May 16, 2003.

1. SolaScriptura in 2003

Why would the pope have a painting of a massacre commissioned with such an inscription unless the RCC is the whore drunken with the blood of the saints?

2. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Why would the pope have a painting of a massacre commissioned with such an inscription unless the RCC is the whore drunken with the blood of the saints? </font>[/QUOTE]Here's a thought: Maybe it's not true!

3. SolaScriptura in 2003

Would you also deny that the Inquision took place?

4. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Would you also deny that "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" is a forgery? The Inquisition is an historical fact. Prove that this painting and inscription exist to the same degree of certainty.

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

What's your point solascriptura 2003?

Are you single handedly trying to overthrow the Catholic Church all by yourself in 2003? Bet you can't! It hasn't been done in 2000 years, and the Church shows no signs of falling dead this year either. So Knock off the drive-by potshots! You're killing us all with laughter! Even us non Catholics!

Here's a suggestion for you. If you have a doctrine you don't agree with, go to a Catholic church and ask the priest(s) to explain it to you. If you are not satisfied with the explanation, you can always go out to your car and kick a tire. The result will be the same as what you are doing now.

6. SolaScriptura in 2003

Mike, why would you be a member of a church that committed such things? Do you enjoy the fact that your church murdered so many people simply for not going to the idolatrous Mass? And honestly, if the pope would commission inquistors to torture people, why wouldn't he commission painters to paint the fruit of his labors for him to behold?

BTW, Yelsew, if you find the RCC's murders and idolatries amusing, I suggest getting your head examined. I've been reading a lot of the so called "church fathers" lately, since that is what the Catholics always say we ought to do, right? And what have I found? That most of them never tire in making fun of the heathens for their idolatry! If those whom the Catholics call "fathers" could not tire of doing this, why should I tire of making fun of the Catholics' idolatry? These "fathers" also could not tire of making fun of the impiety of the "gods." Why should I tire of making fun of the impiety of the RCC? Let the arguments of their own fathers fall back on them.

[ May 16, 2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: SolaScriptura in 2003 ]

7. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Because I believe firmly and completely that the Catholic Church is the fullness of the Church founded by Christ on earth. Christ prepared us for evildoers in the Church with the example of Judas. Should the Jews and Gentiles have rejected the apostles because of the murderous treachery of Judas?

What do you think? Seriously, now.

Heresy-hunting and torture were not just Catholic pursuits. They were very much symptoms of the age, as any honest inquiry will clearly show. Have you noticed that the Church doesn't do these things anymore?

You prove the painting and inscription exist and I'll personally petition His Holiness to have it removed.

8. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

SolaScriptura:

There is no "royal saloon of the Vatican". How about some proof that the saloon or the painting exists?

God Bless

9. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

he likes upside down & bent crosses too

10. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Peter asked to be crucified upside down. It is symbolism of St. Peter's unworthiness to die the same death as Christ. An upside down cross as a symbol of unworthiness has been with Catholicism for close to 2000 years.

God Bless

11. Rakka Rage

Rakka Rage New Member

Peter asked to be crucified upside down. It is symbolism of St. Peter's unworthiness to die the same death as Christ. An upside down cross as a symbol of unworthiness has been with Catholicism for close to 2000 years.

God Bless
    </font>[/QUOTE]there are lots of symbols of unworthyness... why not etch a bag of 30 gold pieces into the back of his throne? 2000 years? i wonder how long satan(ists) ha(s/ve) been using it...

12. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

St. Peter would not have requested this type of death if it was a symbol of Satan.

God Bless

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Upside down crosses being a symbol of evil is a myth of folklore and cheap 3d horror flicks.

The fact that Peter was crucified upside down is undisputable. Some may not like the use of it, and I can certainly understand why, but it is by no means a Satanic symbol.

14. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

SolaScriptura:

How about some proof that the "royal saloon of the Vatican" exists? Likewise the painting 'The pope approves of Coligny's death.'?
    Where in the Vatican is the "Royal Saloon" located ? Has anyone been there, or seen the painting?

God Bless

15. MikeS

MikeS New Member

I did some internet searching on this and all I found, quoted again and again, is the exact same sentence quote above. Not a single corroborating piece of information to be found. (Maybe the Jesuits erased it all!) ;)

16. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

You mean there may not really be a "royal saloon" at the Vatican in Rome"? :confused:

17. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I always imagined the Pope to be more of a Howard Finster fan.

18. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

You won't find proof here. Sola Scriptura will not ever give it to us. No painting. No map of the Vatican that indicates the room. No photograph of it for us to see.

The Internet, which breeds lies and deceit (if you deny it, you are fooling yourself) is enough to substantiate any claim againt the Church for him. He is already right in his mind, so what further evidence does he need? Even if this is proved false, it will not change his perception, because his perception is not based on reality. That is how bigotry works, and it is why racism, sexism, and all other forms of hatred persist. The end justifies the means for them.

So, until he gives us a little bit of evidence (I'll except even a little bit at this point), then don't bother posting on this thread again. Let it die.

Post some evidence, and let's see where it goes, Sola. Otherwise, watch the thread die.

God bless you and may He grant you the attitude of Christ, who did not perpetuate hate.

Grant

19. dumbox1

dumbox1 Guest

Dear Mike,

Until your post, I'd never heard of Howard Finster, and never seen his works.

Because you mentioned him, I went to the Howard Finster website, and saw his works.

I hope you can live with yourself.

Sincerely,

Mark

20. JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd New Member

You are reaching SolaScripturain2003! The Inquision took place, but do you know what actually happened, or just an your anti-Catholic pastor told you?

Jeff