1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The President Is Not Above the Law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 20, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The GOP in the main supported NAFTA and it was GOP votes that caused it to pass. Those that defected voted against it because their votes were not necessary for passage. It was the Democrats who deserted Clinton for the most part. I realize that as a third-party type you would have no first-hand information about the doings of the GOP.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so, Jonathan. If I counted correctly the GOP senators voted 33-11 in favor of NAFTA while the Democratic senators voted only 28-27 in favor of NAFTA with one not voting -

http://tinyurl.com/a5eyv

In the House the GOP representatives voted 132-43 in favor of NAFTA while the Democrats opposed NAFTA 102-156 -

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll575.xml

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I wouldn't say that you sound like you hate Pastor Baldwin if you wouldn't make such hateful personal remarks about him. I have met him personally and have been following him since before I ever heard of the Constitution Party. He was recognized by Ronald Reagan and many others for his great service to the conservativism.

When did the SCOTUS rule about Bush's recent evasdropping? I thought this story just broke this past week.

CMG and KenH,

Thanks for correcting my error. I know my GOP Congressman voted against NAFTA, but voted for CAFTA. I was mistaken about the rest of the supporters.

So it was the GOP that was selling us out on both CAFTA and NAFTA, it's no wonder that Bush wants FTAA to pass before he leaves office in 2008.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. The GOP has been much worse for American workers than the Democratic Party for the past thirteen years.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baldwin doesn't know what he is talking about. Reagan is dead and what he did doesn't mean much in this case since Baldwin long ago left the GOP. Anyway, Reagan thought that McCain was okay, too, and he turned out to be opportunistic just as Baldwin is also. Baldwin just doesn't know what he is talking about and he hides behind the fact that he is a preacher and then says like all of the TBN types, don't touch God's annointed.

May God reproach Baldwin to his face for his siding with the "rights" of terrorists as they try to murder Americans.

May Baldwin get a lump of coal for Christmas.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone can be said to be siding with the terrorists it is folks that see no problem with the government taking our rights away. I imagine al Qaeda members are enjoying hearing about the Bush administration apparently trampling on our rights. They are probably slapping each other on the back and saying, "See! We are winning! The Americans are losing their rights and their own government is doing it to them!"

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are repeating the Constitution Party line. They have the same line as the liberal Democrats. That is because the two groups are wealthy and want power and do not care one whit about the truth or about the country. The Constitution Party is going to get an incurable veneral disease from sleeping with the liberals.

May God reproach Baldwin to his pastor's face.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a member of any political party. I am an independent, thinking voter. I urge others to become the same.

10. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Your speaking out of ignorance yet again CMG. The Constitution Party is not wealthy! If they were they would have gotten much more than .05% in the last election, and the Constitution Party doesn't want power, they want to save our Constitutional Republic. You are speaking lies when you say that Baldwin or anyone in the Constitution Party has sided with the terrorist. I would ask you to use some integrity and honesty in your disagreements with the party and not lower yourself to spreading hate-filled lies and slander.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's annointed, aka the Constitution Party, has attacked the President of the USA for crass politcal reasons because they don't care what happens to this country but they care about what is done in the name of the law to stop Islamofascists from murdering American citizens. It stinks what the CP is doing and has done. Baldwin should retract his statement but I guess God's annointed never apologizes.

May God reproach Baldwin to his face.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you are wide open to the charge, cmg, that you are defending the president of the USA for crass political reasons.

[ December 24, 2005, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: KenH ]

13. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Name one attack made against the President for "crass political reasons"? The Constitution Party is working so hard because they DO care what happens to this country.

Bush is the one who has said that Islam is a religion of peace, Bush is the one who had a Islamic Imam pray over him at the GOP convention, Bush is the one who invites the Islamic prince of Saudi Arabia to the White House and to his ranch in Texas. How can call for God's reproach on a fellow brother in Christ for trying to save America, while lifting up the one who makes a false profession and claims that Islam leads to Heaven.

Which statement do you want Baldwin to retract?

14. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I think we are defending him for practical reasons. Like making sure we don't burn in a nuclear hell fire.

15. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If they want to make sure we don't burn in a "nuclear hell fire", then they need to close the borders, send all students here from terrorist supporting nations back home, and cut all ties with those terrorist supporting nations that we fund and call our allies. Targeting the American people is not the solution, targeting the terrorist and their supporters is the solution!

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Ken, you gotta realize that our "freedom" has never been absolute as our privacy has never been. All we can really hope for is a bast case situation. Do you think the "case" can be as good today as it was before we had terrorist by the thousands within our boarders. We have got to give a little to protect a lot.

17. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"In theory that may be true, but we all know it is not true in reality. All races are not "profiled" equally. The theory itself is absurd. It has nothing to do with "hatemongers" wanting profiling to be a problem. It IS a problem when innocent people are NEEDLESSLY profiled for any reason. It cannot be justified under the 14th amendment, and it is never applied equally to all races, or classes of people. If it were it would not be profiling."---------------------------------------------------

I know, I profiled white folks in black drug neighborhoods all the time, and I can't think of a time when I profiled a black for anything. I should not have been so unfair to all those white folks, but I did get a butt-load of drugs.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it too much to ask for the government to follow its own laws?

19. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"Is it too much to ask for the government to follow its own laws?"----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is to big and cumbersom. This is a fluid and dangerous situation. Bush has to take action. Do you really want the Courts requiring us to read the terroist the meranda rights before we can take the A-bomb away from them?

20. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

KenH,
    Ain't no telling what PETA and those Amish folks will do once they get a hold of the A-bomb. ;)