1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The purpose of this forum?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Plain ol' Ralph, Mar 15, 2005.

1. David J

David J New Member

The last thing we need is for KJVOism to completely hi-jack the Baptist in general. It's a false doctrine that rears its ugly head and tries to put doubt in people who use anything other than the KJV. It’s KJVOism that calls the Word of the Most High as found in anything other than the KJV satanic and/or perverted. It’s KJVOism that spreads gossip and old wives tales in which the sole purpose is to spread confusion and sow the seeds of doubt within the Christian faith.

In time the KJVO myth will die just like the Vulgate O's died out many moons ago. Until then we have an obligation to correct those who hold onto this error and publicly prove that KJVOism is false so that newbie Christians are not drawn into a false doctrine. When KJVOist resort to personal attacks, name calling, and spinning it only makes KJVOism suspect because KJVOism is hiding something and/or ignoring problems with KJVOism. In other words many KJVOist do a good job of making the myth look bad by their pens and keyboards.

To be KJV only should be a personal decision based solely on personal preference. There is no scripture to prove KJVOism and historical evidence weights against the man made myth. All one must do is read the AV1611 and that destroys the KJVO lie.

I am NASB 1995 preferred. Does that mean I look down upon other valid translations? Nope not at all! I have my personal reasons for using the NASB 1995 and I have my reasons for recommending it to fellow Christians. There is no need for me to attack the NIV and KJV. I don’t claim perfection in the NASB text therefore if it has an error that is proven by facts: not KJVO legends and myths, then I would hope that the next revision corrects the problem. That’s why it’s good to reference other translations when digging into the word. There is nothing wrong with picking a primary translation and there is nothing wrong with only using one translation.

I live in SC and where I lived used to be eaten up by KJVOism. Our local KJVOist are losing members because of many different reasons. Now I can’t speak for the whole Upstate of SC, but locally KJVOism is losing ground. The last KJVO I dealt with, I did kindly and like a brother should treat a brother in the Lord. I let him talk and he did not bring up O’ism. I chatted with this fellow for about 15 minutes. If he had asked what bible I used then I would have been just as nice. I don’t need to resort to attacking. I let the reprint of the AV1611, 1762, 1769, and 1873 KJV do the talking for me. Many local KJVOist actually think the KJV they are carrying is the AV1611. The shock is depressing to watch when they see the real AV1611. That’s the difference in KJVOism and me, I get depressed when these deceived people are put on the spot and I try to help them as a brother in Christ. On the flip side when I was a KJVO I watched as people when into attack mode simply because someone uses an NIV or NKJV. Basically as I former KJVO of 7 years I know the KJVO ropes and tactics so I feel that I can deal with fellow KJVOist pretty well considering that I know KJVO dogma.

We simply can not allow KJVOism to run unchecked. It went unchecked for too many years and look what happened.

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Natters...you ought to go to work for the liberal news media...you have perfected the art of taking the words of others OUT OF CONTEXT....lol
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Plain ol' Ralph:
    He has preserved His Word, the mv's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amen!
    God Bless you Ralph!

Greg Sr.

3. natters

natters New Member

It was simply a Riplingeresque joke. [​IMG] A real response didn't seem worth it at the time. ;)

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Wow, what a testimony. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

THIS is what its ALL about!!!!!!! [​IMG]

5. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Praise the Lord! [​IMG]

6. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second that. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mioque

mioque New Member

"In time the KJVO myth will die just like the Vulgate O's died out many moons ago."
    "
    Vulgate only-ism still exists, it is thankfully confined to a few tiny factions on the edge of the RCC, but it's not fully gone yet.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all that comes out of Alexandria is bad.

Athanasius was Alexandrian: The books in the NT of the Bible (called the canon of Scripture), the one that you can hold in your hand were first listed as the canon of the NT by Athanasius in AD 367. There were other differing lists but as it turned out the Lord selected him to get it right.

Athanasius is the one man responsible for the formulation of the Trinity as three distinct persons in one divine essence.
    He turned much of Christianity from arianism to Trinitarianism.
    He openly taught the deity of Christ and the personality of the Holy Spirit though it caused him banishment and threats of death.

Most Bibles based upon the Traditional Text have a history of revisions/corrections long after publication, the KJV is no exception “hath God said”? weren’t the KJV translators sure? If they were sure why did they correct it so many times?

Do you know why the KJV translators put alternative readings in the margin?

They weren’t completely sure which English word was the best translation so they gave the reader the option of choice as do the MV's.

“Eve’s answer should have been”

Amazing Ralph, you criticize others for “changing” the Bible and here you boldly suggest your own change to the Word of God (and in 21st century English at that): "Yes! Adam talks with Him daily, and that is what Adam told me, he wouldn't lie, and neither should you!!!”

HankD

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ralph, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've been working, etc. & therefore haven't had time to reply to our posts, and are not hiding because your KJVO myth has been so thoroughly trashed here.

Plain ol' Ralph: Then friend, you are pitted against the Lord.

No, actually, that would be those who promote false doctrines such as the one we're discussing here.

He has preserved His Word, the mv's use of Alexandrian mss and the &lt;banned word snipped&gt; W/H Greek texts have PROVEN so ultimately, and everytime as well.

Who's saying He DIDN'T preserve His word? More KJVO pipe dreams.

Salvation is of the Jews, Jesuis said/ The Lord's Chosen, and the Masoretic hebrews he aslo chose to keep His Word intact for the believer who speaks English today, and NOT this ever "evolving tangle of words known by us who KNOW what thus saith the LORD.

How SILLY!! Did GOD create English(as well as every other language) or not? WHO changes the languages?

Recognize this Bible verse?

“God lufode middan-eard swa, dat he seade his an-cennedan sunu, dat nan ne forweorde de on hine gely ac habbe dat ece lif."

It is written in the most modern language of its time.

Is THIS a little more familiar?

"for god loued so the world; that he gaf his oon bigetun sone, that eche man that bileueth in him perisch not: but haue euerlastynge liif,"

Still kinda tuff? Let's move forward about 150 years:

"For God so loveth the worlde, that he hath geven his only sonne, that none that beleve in him, shuld perisshe: but shuld have everlastinge lyfe."

TODAY, it reads:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Now, WHO changed the language to cause all those different renderings? Man? Not hardly. Not one person lived throufh any two of the renderings above. But GOD has not only lived through ALL of them; He caused ALL of them to be made.

What it all boils down to is this, "If one can't cahnge the Bible, change the language it is written in." DEVILISH!!!

Actually, it boils down to the KJVOs running out of excuses & therefore inventing one of the most silly ones yet. HOW STUPID!!!

"Hath God said?" Eve's answer should have been, "Yes! Adam talks with Him daily, and that is what Adam told me, he wouldn't lie, and neither should you!!!" [Big Grin]

Yea, hath God said, "Thou who useth English shall find My words in only the KJV"? Book, chapter, & verse please?

10. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

I am sorry &lt;personal attack edited&gt; and then have the audacity to even hint that I "might be in danger of blasphemy" when it concerns the ERRORS of the mv's, but then it IS the point of the moderators to censure TRUTH, sad... but true.

[ March 22, 2005, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

11. Plain ol' Ralph

I second that. [​IMG] [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]I'm gald the LORD doesn't wait for the church business meeting to approve of PRAISING THE LORD!!!

But...

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plain ol' Ralph(To Phillip): I am sorry you don't know what the Word of God is,

Looks as if he knows quite well. OTOH, the KJVOs try to LIMIT GOD in His presentation of His word AS HE SEES FIT. Cantcha see it won't work?

and then have the audacity to even hint that I "might be in danger of blasphemy" when it concerns the ERRORS of the mv's, but then it IS the point of the moderators to censure TRUTH, sad... but true.

Aint seen too much TRUTH from the KJVOs TO censure, yet! All we've seen is the same ole 70-yr-old party line codwallop.

No insult meant, but YOU, Sir, have an abysmal record when it comes to proving anything true about the KJVO myth. You just can't prove what aint there.

13. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Is that like...smacking something with a dead fish? (Codwallop)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    POR only comes to my attention by the moderator alerts that so many send of his words and attacks and language.

Thinking a vacation is in order. Or wasn't it in the Veggie Tale Jonah movie that the great sin of Nineveh was codwalloping?? Maybe THAT would help . . . [​IMG]

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    uote:Aint seen too much TRUTH from the KJVOs TO censure, yet! All we've seen is the same ole 70-yr-old party line codwallop.

Is that like...smacking something with a dead fish? (Codwallop)

Actually, I'd use a dark-colored JACK...

16. Plain ol' Ralph

Hope you have a grand time, and while you're GONE, consider what thus saith the LORD, instead of the slanted drool you are become so famous. You your self are guilty of using vulgar words, but that is certainly acceptable in a room full of " axe-murderers" I have heard.
    :eek: [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Plain ol' Ralph

You a Ninevite? ("ninny" some MIGHT say, but I didn't!) [​IMG]

18. Plain ol' Ralph

So now we conclude that "Phillip" and "Robycop3" are one in the same? Isn't that AGAINST the rules?????????????

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread will be closed on page 5 as it has degenerated into personal comments and has nothing to do with "the purpose of this forum."

20. Plain ol' Ralph

Not all that comes out of Alexandria is bad.

Athanasius was Alexandrian: The books in the NT of the Bible (called the canon of Scripture), the one that you can hold in your hand were first listed as the canon of the NT by Athanasius in AD 367. There were other differing lists but as it turned out the Lord selected him to get it right.

Athanasius is the one man responsible for the formulation of the Trinity as three distinct persons in one divine essence.
    He turned much of Christianity from arianism to Trinitarianism.
    He openly taught the deity of Christ and the personality of the Holy Spirit though it caused him banishment and threats of death.

Most Bibles based upon the Traditional Text have a history of revisions/corrections long after publication, the KJV is no exception “hath God said”? weren’t the KJV translators sure? If they were sure why did they correct it so many times?

Do you know why the KJV translators put alternative readings in the margin?

They weren’t completely sure which English word was the best translation so they gave the reader the option of choice as do the MV's.

“Eve’s answer should have been”

Amazing Ralph, you criticize others for “changing” the Bible and here you boldly suggest your own change to the Word of God (and in 21st century English at that): "Yes! Adam talks with Him daily, and that is what Adam told me, he wouldn't lie, and neither should you!!!”

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Amazing, simply amazing, and some one of your knowledge can't discern the difference in what is quoted and what is commented upon, that is why you promote the use of mv's, they are commentaries that you cannot differentiate from the Word of God.

It's no wondwer SIMPLE logic doesn't work here!
    :(