1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The question KJVOs cannot seem to answer

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by try hard, Sep 14, 2002.

1. DocCas

DocCas New Member

2. WW2'er

WW2'er New Member

I've read about 4 out of the 6 pages of this thread. (It takes quite a bit of time if you haven't followed it from the beginning.)

The following thought just came to me. We know by studying the Bible that Jesus spoke in parables to the people. He did this to teach many important principles. Now I mean no disrespect in this next part. I know that God had perfect timing in sending Christ into the world when he did, but allow me a little grace and stay with me for a while longer. What if Christ came into the world in 1811? What if he came into the world in 1997? What if he came into the world in 2111? What language would he use and what stories/illustrations would he use in his parables? Would they still be about shephards and fishermen, etc?

Christ spoke the language of the day, and used illustrations that the people understood. Would the principles and doctrine He taught change if He came in a different century?...No. But the language and the parable itself?.....Something for everyone to chew on.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there was a man and he ran out of gas on I-5. Someone stopped pretending to help him and instead he robbed and beat him unconscious.
    A Catholic priest on the way to mass saw the man lying in the road and hurried on by.
    A Baptist minister on the way to a missionary conference also saw him and he ignored him.
    Last, a Jehovah Witness saw him and stopped and used his cell phone to get help. He comforted and stayed with him until the ambulance arrived...

You know the rest of the story...

4. JonHenry

JonHenry New Member

To make that paraphrase relevent to us on the East Coast, you would have to change the highway from I-5 to...let's say an interchange off I-95 in North Philly. Relevence is a relative concept.

5. try hard

try hard New Member

I do, every Sunday. :D

So the people before 1611 didn't have a perfect bible? God never promised to preserve it just to the english speaking people.

Is the 1611 perfect or is Eramus' Greek new testament perfect?