1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The RCC wants to unite all of us under her umbrella.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by drspinko, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

I am unaware of any other resolutions which specifically condemns the actions in 1971 & 1974. If you know where the SBC condemned these resolutions prior to this let me know.

In general the SBC has been a good friend of the pro-life cause, this entire thread is ridiculous perhaps I should have just ignored it rather than bringing up Baptists issues on the 10 commandments. I am glad to have the sbc on our side of life

2. drspinko

drspinko New Member

Forsake in which manner? We have no other gods. To take the Lord's name in vain is a sin and we remember and keep holy the Lord's Day.

This is how the RCC deceives you?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hi Glen (and others who are interested),

Let me try to address these one post at a time:

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before (besides) me." (Exodus 20:2-3)
    Here we have the Lord identifying Himself as the one who has brought his people out of the slavery of Egypt (Sin). He is saying that He is our deliverer and, as such, we are to look to no other source (false gods) for our help in times of trouble. Now we all break this commandment at those times that we put our faith and hope in anyone or anything other than the Lord. But the struggle to keep this command is much different than actually teaching as doctrine that we should pray to anyone other than our Father in heaven. If it had been permissable, we would surely have examples of Israelites in the O.T. praying to Abraham, Moses, and other pre-Christian saints. But it was forbidden to them by the Lord.

JOS 24:14 "Now fear the LORD and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
    JOS 24:16 Then the people answered, "Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods! 17 It was the LORD our God himself who brought us and our fathers up out of Egypt, from that land of slavery, and performed those great signs before our eyes. He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled. 18 And the LORD drove out before us all the nations, including the Amorites, who lived in the land. We too will serve the LORD, because he is our God."
    JOS 24:19 Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD. He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins. 20 If you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, he will turn and bring disaster on you and make an end of you, after he has been good to you."

This is a clear reminder in scripture of Who we are to pray to and put our faith and trust in. Let us take it to heart and ask the Lord to help us to be faithful to Him alone.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Born Again Catholic:

Here are 37 resolutions that deal with abortion:

SBC resolutions

4. Born Again Catholic

Born Again Catholic New Member

RSR

I think all of these are terrific, but until 2003 I don't know of any resolution which specifically reversed their resolutions in the early 1970's, which documented their belief in the sanctity of human life but gave exceptions for abortions under certain "special" circumstances including mental health of the mother. There would have been no need to reverse these in 2003 unless somebody thought doing so was necessary because it hadn't been adequately dealt with before.

The resolutions of 2003 left no room for doubt that the SBC no longer had and exception clause for abortion. This is a good thing. Furthermore they admited their previous teachings were not consistent with scripture, I applaud them for that and I pray for the women who may have been led astray and had abortions as well as for the children who were killed in any such abortions.

5. TP

TP Guest

Greetings,

Shouldn't all people of good will work together on moral and social issues. We have ecumenical food pantries and soup kitchens in our area:(Mostly Catholics and Lutherans, but also methodists, and others). We work together to provide food for the Poor. All Christians work together: We worship in our different houses of worship, but work together: Except the Non-denoms and Baptists-- I guess they don't think the poor need food.

Can't we pray before the Abortion clinics together OR must we only pray by ourselves?

peace

6. drspinko

drspinko New Member

I am not proposing that we be separate in our efforts to advance the cause of the last six commandments. Perhaps my postings in this thread have not been clear on that point.

The question of this thread is this: should evangelical Christians be persuaded to reunite with the RCC on the grounds that we hold very similar convictions on the 5th through 10th commandments?

I say no, because many of the Roman church's teachings and practices clearly violate the first four commandments, thus making it difficult for Roman Catholics to properly relate to and understand the God of our salvation.

I know many evangelical Christians who are unaware of the consequences of such a potential reunification.

7. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I am 100% in favor of re-unification with Rome. I would leap for joy like none other if Rome would be willing.

All they need to do is....

Discontinue the ungodly Papacy

Discontinue the ungodly hiearchial "priesthood".

Condemn...and repent of...the works justification system they have been shackling people with.

Condemn...and repent of...the devilish idolatry regarding the "Queen of the Universe" Mary worship they have been promoting.

(I know I know, I can hear it now: "Why, we dont *worship* Mary, we *venerate* her!*wink*. Hogwash)

Proclaim to the world the truth of justification through faith alone, and tell their people that from now on they are to turn to the scriptures alone as their truth standard, and discard anything that does not line up.

Catholic church, we are ready and willing whenever you are. And you wouldnt believe the joy that would break out in heaven if you would only "snap out of it" and come to your senses regarding these things.

I know one person who would be particularly joyful...Martin Luther. He wanted change from within 1st, before he ever "shook the dust off" and obeyed God when God said "come out of her."

God bless,

Mike

[ April 10, 2005, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: D28guy ]

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Glen Seeker,

You said, "Forsake in which manner? We have no other gods. To take the Lord's name in vain is a sin and we remember and keep holy the Lord's Day."

The problem is, you are keeping the Roman Catholic Sabbath, not the Lord's Day of the Bible. READ:

http://www.seventh-day.org/romes%20challenge.htm

also go to http://www.religiouscounterfeits.org and click on the "National Sunday law" book and also the "Who is the Antichrist" link.

The Roman Catholic Church boasts of changing the Sabbath of the Bible to Sunday, the first day of the week instead of what God said, the 7th day of the week. The RCC laughs at so-called "Protest-ants" who are supposedly protesting against the Catholic church --for bowing down to her power.

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God." 2 Thessalonians 2:3,4.

This "Mystery of Iniquity (Lawlessness)" began back in the Apostle Paul's day, when paganism entered the church and the papal power began to form. "he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God".

"He shall honour the God of forces: a god whom his fathers knew not"... he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High,

and think to change times and laws Dan:7:25;11:38

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it. " Exodus 20:8-1 1.

Can we discover where the Papacy has actually attempted to change the divine law of God affecting a time element? Yes, we certainly can. If you will open any Roman Catholic Catechism and turn to that portion dealing with the law of God, you will discover that the law has indeed been greatly changed. They have left out the second commandment entirely and divided the tenth commandment into two parts, thus attempting to still retain ten commandments. But notice the fourth particularly. The time element has been deliberately removed, along with the express command stating which day is the Sabbath. All that remains are the words, "Remember that thou keep holy the Sabbath day.'

Let us read a most challenging statement made by the Church. They have done exactly what God predicted they would do.

"The Pope is of so great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret, even divine laws....The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth with most ample power of binding and loosing the sheep."-From the Prompta Bibliotheca published in 1900 in Rome by the press of the propaganda.

"The pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ."-Decretal de Translat, Episcop. Cap.

The pope's will stands for reason. He can dispense above the law, and of wrong make right by correcting and changing laws."-Pope Nicholas, Dis. 96.

"The Catholic Church for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant, by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday."-Catholic Mirror, Sept. 23, 1893.

"Question.-Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?"

"Answer.-Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her,-she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority."-Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism, p. 174.

Unfortunately, the majority of the "Protest-ant" world is ignorant of all of this and does not realized they are being used by the Roman Catholic Church to promote her agenda.

PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ:
    http://www.egwtext.whiteestate.org/gc/gc35.html
    http://www.egwtext.whiteestate.org/gc/gc36.html

Revelation 14:6-12
    6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
    9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
    10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
    11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

After the warning against the worship of the beast and his image the prophecy declares: "Here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Since those who keep God's commandments are thus placed in contrast with those that worship the beast and his image and receive his mark, it follows that the keeping of God's law, on the one hand, and its violation, on the other, will make the distinction between the worshipers of God and the worshipers of the beast.

You "Protest-ants" out there had better wake up before it's too late. Of course, this is all going to happen anyway, according to Bible Prophecy... but God is calling His people out of Babylon. Fortunately, some will refuse to accept anything unless it has a "Thus saith the Lord" to back it up.

You ought to take time also to go listen to a couple of sermons on the Antichrist by Pastor David Asscherick as well:

http://www.3abn.org/media/archives/index.php

"They allege the Sabbath changed into Sunday, the Lord's day, contrary to the Decalogue, as it appear, neither is there any example more boasted of than the changing of the Sabbath day. Great, they say, is the power and authority of the church, since it dispensed with one of the Ten Commandments." Martin Luther, Augsburg Confession of Faith, art. 28.

------------

Claudia Thompson

http://www.christiangraphics.org

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Listen to this sermon first though:

"The Rise of the Antichrist"

forgot to tell you that in my last post.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

after you have listened to the sermons on who is the antichrist here:

http://www.3abn.org/media/archives/index.php

then listen to these as well if you would like to find out how Bible Prophecy declares that Apostate Protestantism will unite with the Papacy in using the political powers to enforce Sunday Sabbath Observance:

The Mark of the Beast

America in Prophecy

...you dont need to be falling for this idea of uniting with the Roman Catholic Church, when Bible Prophecy is right there in front of you.

---------------

Claudia Thompson

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    True. But remember the RCC's emphasis on this began long before the reformation. And also note that in some of the non-RCC groups today you have even MORE blatant rejection of the 10 commandments than you see in the RCC. I believe the idea is that ALL of the 10 commandments were "nailed to the cross" -- so in those groups it would not matter that the first 4 are missing or tampered with.

What I find really "impressive" is that the RC members here like to "pretend" that ALL non-RCC churches are "ONE BIG CHURCH" that does not agree with itself - while the RCC is "the other BIG CHURCH" it it DOES agree with itself.

But in fact - the RCC is the splinter-group-epicenter in all of NT history. All the early reformers were in fact Catholic Theologians and priests etc. And the groups BEFORE that were Christian church contemporaries that broke with the Catholic church as each new error from paganism was incorporated into the CC.

And then there is the entire subject of the CC gathering up armies to fight fellow groups of CAtholics with rival popes at the lead.

One could ask - "Do you ever see the Methodists split up into armies with John Wesley at the head of one army and his brother at the head of the other - fighting over who would run the church as THE Wesley??"

In Christ,

Bob

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Let me tell you something. The quotation below was written by a Christian author about a century ago... back then the "temperence work" was the big thing among Christians to try to promote among society. Today it is two things: ABORTION AND HOMOSEXUALITY. Read this first:

"The religious organizations of the day have refused to listen to unpopular truths plainly brought to view in the Scriptures, and in combating them they have adopted interpretations and taken positions which have sown broadcast the seeds of skepticism. Clinging to the papal error of natural immortality and man's consciousness in death, they have rejected the only defense against the delusions of spiritualism. The doctrine of eternal torment has led many to disbelieve the Bible. And as the claims of the fourth commandment are urged upon the people, it is found that the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath is enjoined; and as the only way to free themselves from a duty which they are unwilling to perform, many popular teachers declare that the law of God is no longer binding. Thus they cast away the law and the Sabbath together. As the work of Sabbath reform extends, this rejection of the divine law to avoid the claims of the fourth commandment will become well-nigh universal. The teachings of religious leaders have opened the door to infidelity, to spiritualism, and to contempt for God's holy law; and upon these leaders rests a fearful responsibility for the iniquity that exists in the Christian world.

Yet this very class put forth the claim that the fast-spreading corruption is largely attributable to the desecration of the so-called "Christian sabbath," and that the enforcement of Sunday observance would greatly improve the morals of society. This claim is especially urged in America, where the doctrine of the true Sabbath has been most widely preached. Here the temperance work, one of the most prominent and important of moral reforms, is often combined with the Sunday movement, and the advocates of the latter represent themselves as laboring to promote the highest interest of society; and those who refuse to unite with them are denounced as the enemies of temperance and reform. But the fact that a movement to establish error is connected with a work which is in itself good, is not an argument in favor of the error. We may disguise poison by mingling it with wholesome food, but we do not change its nature. On the contrary, it is rendered more dangerous, as it is more likely to be taken unawares. It is one of Satan's devices to combine with falsehood just enough truth to give it plausibility. The leaders of the Sunday movement may advocate reforms which the people need, principles which are in harmony with the Bible; yet while there is with these a requirement which is contrary to God's law, His servants cannot unite with them. Nothing can justify them in setting aside the commandments of God for the precepts of men."
    Great Controversy 587,588

Today in modern times, ABORTION AND HOMOSEXUALITY are the two big things Christians try to combat, back then it was controlling the use of liquor.

It's interesting that "Christians" today, for the most part, on the one hand claim that the law of God was done away with--- abolished. And that we no longer need to keep the commandments.

Then out of the other side of their mouth these same Christians will claim that all we have to do is "believe"... and we will be saved. "We no longer need keep the law or concern ourselves with that" they say. Preachers from their pulpits urge this idea to their congregations.

THEN next day they are condemning girls and women for going out and getting an abortion. Well guess what? Do you know how they ended up that way? They ended up that way because they were told that it doesnt matter how they live, it doesnt matter if they break God's Law... it doesnt matter if they sin.

And they love the Catholic church when it condemns abortion. But when it comes to their OWN SINS... "the commandments do not apply"... "you Pharisee! you legalist" they charge against any Christian who tries to tell them otherwise.

These same Christians assert that "if only we forced everyone in the United States to keep Sunday Holy, the level of holiness would rise in this country".

You see, its easy to condemn abortion and homosexuality because most Christians dont have that problem, and so its something easy to attack.

But the hypocrisy of the whole thing smells bad. Doesnt it? All of a sudden EVERYBODY realizes its no ok to sin, when it comes to those two things.

You know why else these two are so prominent? These two things, abortion and homosexuality as easy to POLITICIZE... Satan is using this as an entering wedge to get Christians involved in politics... and at the same time they are willing to join hands with the Roman Catholic Church. They have little idea where this is all going to lead. Too bad they dont know their Bible Prophecy or they would see they are blindly walking right into a trap.

Whats more frightening is all of a sudden "Christians" are getting all upset that the Ten Commandments monument was removed. WHY??? Suddenly they care about God's ten commandments?

Too bad they didnt tell that to the young girls out there getting pregnant and then getting abortions.

Sorry but this whole thing just really irks me. Instead of Christians trying to promote their political agendas they ought to be reading their Bibles and learning to obey God.

---------

Claudia Thompson

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Claudia,

Consider this. Abortion today is like the issue of Slavery 150 years ago. (The value of human life).

Gay rights today is like the issue of prohibition (the right to privacy) in the 19th century.

If you look at the author you are quoting you will find HIGH activity on those to subjects - as in "very politically active"! Right down to the point of "VOTE on Sabbath if it comes to that" and this included claims that for these moral violations - God was going to bring judgment on America.

I hear your point that you can not abolish the Law of God in the pulpit and then proclaim from that same pulpit that immorality and lawlessness inside the church as about the same as they are outside the church.

But it is also true that a great deal of political activity on certain key moral issues falls into the realm of Christian churches who stand as light in an otherwise darkened world.

Recall that the Prohibition groups that Adventists were actively supporting were the same groups calling for Sunday blue laws in the 1800's. But that did not matter, because the moral issue of slavery and of alcohol abuse was "the same" with or without the blue laws.

In Christ,

Bob

15. Sspinko52

Sspinko52 New Member

You know what...I think Claudia has an interesting point here that no one wants to own up to. Good stuff, Claudia. Now you're shaking the walls of modern day "Christianity". Could we possibly need a modern day "Reformation"?

16. raymond

raymond New Member

drspinko&gt;&gt;&gt;I find it a clever tactic of Satan that the RCC is trying to draw socially conservative evangelicals into her fold through socially conservative ideals (i.e. pro-life values&lt;&lt;&lt;

dear Drspinko,

there is a factual problem with your argument. In the late 60's and early 70's many Conservative Evangelicals, Criswell and Geisler, to name a few, and even the SBC were in favor of legalizing abortion. This, thank God, has changed. Who were we trying to sweet-talk back then? The Mormons?

Likewise, with the Catholic Church's stand against artificial birth control. Who are we enticing? It doesn't seem to be working.

17. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Here on Baptist Board there are Christians who are in favor of legalizing "assisted suicide". One giving the argument, maybe not for myself, but it should be a matter of "choice" for others. Haven't we learned anything after all these years of legalizing abortion? Thou shall not kill is still the word of God. Christians should be united on this.

18. drspinko

drspinko New Member

I think you are missing the bigger picture here. First, I'm not familiar with those guys and don't think their views represented the majority of conservative evangelicals. This group of Christians, not easily defined by their denomination, has always held to pro-life views, as well as other socially conservative values. What has changed is that much of our modern western society has moved away from these values which were once culturally common. That has left the RCC and socially conservative Christians as the primary groups standing against the tide of "secular-liberalism" in our culture.

Now while I am in favor of working together on political issues such as abortion, gay-marriage, and the general disentigration of the traditional family, I belive we need to be careful that we do not become deceived into thinking that the Roman Catholic institution is our spiritual ally. Lots of evangelical Christian friends of mine do not understand this. It seems that many people have the mindset that "well we agree on the major stuff - Father, Son, Holy Spirit, resurrection of the dead, and of course all of the socially important issues, so why shouldn't we work to re-unite with the Catholic church?"

And of course we want to be united with other true believers, but not under a banner of heretical religious practices.